We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Eternal Ocean

Heavy cruisers in cruiser squadrons

If this has already been discussed, sorry for bringing it up again!

I'm pretty darn new to this game, and I started off with a patrol box. And in my exited frenzy I built one of my cruisers into a heavy one. Now I've played a few games with it and though he does seem to add some fire power, would I be better of using all cruisers with difficult target?

What are peoples experiences with mixing them/ splitting them up into two separate units?

Well, adding in a Heavy Cruiser to a regular Cruiser squadron is a personal decision based on how you like it. That being said, running two smaller Cruiser squadrons will almost be universally worse than running a full Cruiser squadron, regardless of the inclusion of a Heavy Cruiser.

For Aquans, I prefer to run pure squadrons (4 heavy or 4 regular).  Other factions mix in a single large better, but difficult target is a pretty significant difference in how they are used.  Like Spellduckwrong said though, full squadrons are the most important consideration.  Hopefully your gaming meta won't mind proxies :)

Hmm ok sound good, going to try that out. But my gaming feng shui won't let me proxy models. Gonna have to buy me another cruiser squadron! Haha. Hopefully spartan will release the conversion pieces for the heavys so I'll use the 3 spares for the then....

I've yet to see the faction that wouldn't do well with a second cruiser squadron. That being said, perhaps put your model in the freezer, pop the glue bond, and magnetize the parts? Or are you painted already?

I've found the same thing. The heavy is such an obvious target, having the highest damage output and being easiest to take out. It rarely survives long enough to get a good shot off, leaving my cruiser squadron gimped. I like the idea of mixed squadrons, maybe what I have to do is to try to hide the heavy in terrain until I want it to open up (have it lead from the back).

Yeah, that sounds a pretty good idea! Hiding him back at the limit of command range may do him a lot of favours.

I've just got my second squadron box so I'm gonna paint them up and try them out in pure squadrons Sunday, got my first 1200 point game against lizards. It's been a couple of pretty convincing wins for me at patrol fleet size games, time to step it up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.