We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Nazduruk_Bugzappa

V2 RULES QUESTIONS

Also with sustained fire, on a single ship is the value the total number of re rolls or the number per attack. FSoA dread has sustained fire 3 on it's main turrets. It has 3 main turrets. If it fires at 3 separate targets would it re role 3 dice against each target or split 3 rerolls between the three targets?

Also with sustained fire, on a single ship is the value the total number of re rolls or the number per attack. FSoA dread has sustained fire 3 on it's main turrets. It has 3 main turrets. If it fires at 3 separate targets would it re role 3 dice against each target or split 3 rerolls between the three targets?

Sustained fire is per gunnery attack so it's 3 dice per independent dice pool you roll, linked guns only get it once per linked dice pool.

Target painters - can't see where they are explained in v2 and been through it several times (Admiral edition)

if some one could point me in right direction pls.  Thanks

Section D2 Generators (page 153 in the Commodore). Each model with a generator has a range indicated, within that range (usually 16") roll 1 D6 per model, on a 4,5 or 6 that target is marked for the weapon specified at everything shooting at it with that weapon type gets a +1 to hit until the end of the turn ot the generator gets knocked offline. The +1 isn't cumulative even with multiple successes.

Split fire 

So I think when people say 'there is no more split fire' that is only true on main offensive weapons ie a primary turret with 6 AD cannot fire at two targets with 3AD  each.      

On counterattacks by Ackack and CC vs Torps and rockets you link up  and pool up your CC or AA dice and allocate as you like against mulitiple attacks coming in at you in the same enemy activation. 

Only question is if using CC/AA in your own activation can you split CC/AA pool when firing CC/AA at subs/aircraft?  I think NO as that is offensive firing as with main weapons.    

Summary - no spliting fire from any weapons systems in YOUR activation,  can split AA/CC defensive fire in ENEMY activations.

Hope that explained correctly as  seems to match what rules and discussion here adds up to - and darned confusing if not!

Split fire 

So I think when people say 'there is no more split fire' that is only true on main offensive weapons ie a primary turret with 6 AD cannot fire at two targets with 3AD  each.      

On counterattacks by Ackack and CC vs Torps and rockets you link up  and pool up your CC or AA dice and allocate as you like against mulitiple attacks coming in at you in the same enemy activation. 

Only question is if using CC/AA in your own activation can you split CC/AA pool when firing CC/AA at subs/aircraft?  I think NO as that is offensive firing as with main weapons.    

Summary - no spliting fire from any weapons systems in YOUR activation,  can split AA/CC defensive fire in ENEMY activations.

Hope that explained correctly as  seems to match what rules and discussion here adds up to - and darned confusing if not!

This is wrong.

You can not split defensive fire against multiple attacks.  If you are the subject of multiple attacks, you must choose to throw it against one attack, and you are defenseless against the others.

The only time you may allocate AA/CC is during Anti-Boarding fire.

Sorry if I am being dim here....

Reading the rule on Pg173 - Drones that perform an attack run are considered to Ditch after the attack is resolved.  Ditching removes the squadron from the tabletop into the Scrapyard, ready to be relaunched later.

This seems to be the only reference to 'ditching' that I can find.  I assumed that when a drone was 'shot down' being removed as a 'casualty' did not mean ditching and therefore the drone could not be placed in the scrapyard as that rule on Pg173 is quite specific as to when a drone can be placed in the scrapyard...  from what is written through this thread seems that's not the case.. did I miss something?  Is being destroyed/removed as a casualty the same as ditching?

regards

DCG

Basic rule of the game, when a model (any model) is destroyed it's moved to the scrapyard , the ditching rule is an additional way of ending up In the scrapyard.

Relaunching of a drone says the drone model has to be in the scrapyard not how it got there...

Note drones also have the only rule that makes a model by pass the scrapyard and go straight back to the case (crits to a drone network model) :P

Played my first game in 2.0 yesterday and some questions occurred. They might seem to be quite odd or dumb but we are no native speakers and my opponent has lesser skills in english than i have and we lack a bit of routine in the new edition ...

1. When deploying a CoA drone launcher pre-game are the drones deployed as well? If I read p.170 CERB right column, this counts for Carriers but does it for drone launchers with their special rules as well?
  2. We did not understand the "Crushing Impact" MAR: What does mean "Weapons or Actions with this MAR only use the Target Models Damage Rating (DR) when determining Damage." Does it mean you only use an amount of attack dice equal to the Target Models DR?
  3. A flying model (neither obscured nor stratospheric) is behind a massive piece of terrain and only less than half of it can be seen by a naval model on surface. Does it count as in the open or partially blocked or blocked?

NC

1. A drone launcher is a sub type of carrier so deploys the same as a normal carrier

2. If you have crushing impact MAR then the target has a DR of - and a CR of DR ie any hit is a crit hit

3. I think it's open.... But will check

Edit - yes it's open. Terrian only affects models in the height band it occupies (ie you can have a mountain that is surface and aerial height bands, which will then affect LOS to flying models)

Nat

Just to add examples to what Lord Nat said,

1. A drone launcher is a sub type of carrier so deploys the same as a normal carrier

So Pericles will deploy all 9 of it's drones when it is placed on the board

2. If you have crushing impact MAR then the target has a DR of - and a CR of DR ie any hit is a crit hit

So a Hippasus battlecruiser chooses to ram a DR 3 CR 5 frigate.

The Hippasus would roll 5 dice (because it has an IR of 5)

All ram attacks have "Crushing Impact" so the CR value of the target is lowered to whatever its DR is. In this case the CR of 5 is lowered to 3.

The ram attack roll scores 4 successes, which is higher than the lowered CR value, and thus the Hippasus scores a crit against the frigate.

Same logic applies for all other instances of Crushing Impact.

3. I think it's open.... But will check
Edit - yes it's open. Terrian only affects models in the height band it occupies (ie you can have a mountain that is surface and aerial height bands, which will then affect LOS to flying models)

I can't think of a target that could be in the open, in both port & starboard broadside fire arcs, of 3 Tiksis.

Or am I missing something?  :huh:

Yes I am : the broadsides are 6AD and the mortars 5, not the other way round. Sorry for this.  :wacko:

But hey, thanks for the tip!

Hello what specifically can a commadore be put on; we have lots of different people saying different things, can you put them on allied models or robots for example (this is at the start of the game)

Also when I eject from a dead craft where can the guy end up is it any capital regardless of size

Section D10, page 188 of the Commodore edition:

...must be stationed on any friendly Large or Massive Capital Class Model.

This Model is the Commodore's Model and must be recorded accordingly in the Force List.

The PREPARE MY PERSONAL TRANSPORT! TAC Card says "...on any friendly Capital Class Model within 16" if possible.", which seems to enable the player to place the surviving Britannian Commodore on a nearby friendly HEC Phoenician.

The PREPARE MY PERSONAL TRANSPORT! TAC Card says "...on any friendly Capital Class Model within 16" if possible.", which seems to enable the player to place the surviving Britannian Commodore on a nearby friendly HEC Phoenician.

So I could theoretically move my commodore to a bunker with that card?

Quick question - following a discussion in the EoBS forum: 

Can a model that is itself targetted by a rocket or torpedo attack choose to link its' defensive fire with another member of its squadron?

I take it that "MUST LEAD" is imperative, and that it can't, but I've looked to see if this has been asked before, and can't find anything.

Cheers for the RTFM!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.