We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Nazduruk_Bugzappa

V2 RULES QUESTIONS

Question about Rugged Construction:

If the Attack dices are reduced down to 0 because of that MAR, do you still roll one dice or is the attack simply cancelled?

Question about Retardant Armour and Devastating:

Does the MAR completly cancel the Munition on the firsts 6 rolled?

Question about Munitions:

Are Special Munitions compulsory (as they are stated as "Option and Upgrade" in the Profiles)?

For example, can I drop the Piercing Munition and load my Primary Turret guns with standard shells to perform an Indirect Firing Option with them?

Question about Rugged Construction:

If the Attack dices are reduced down to 0 because of that MAR, do you still roll one dice or is the attack simply cancelled?

this looks like something Derek/James wowould need to confirm, but rules-as-written, it looks like the attack can be dropped down to ZERO AD

Question about Retardant Armour and Devastating:

Does the MAR completly cancel the Munition on the firsts 6 rolled?

Yes it does

Thank you for the answers, Anthony.

Last friday I managed 7 hits with a single die (6, 6, 6, 5 :D ). It will not happen very often but when you have no other target option, you can always try, if allowed by the rules.

I edited my post while you were answering.

Do you have an Idea on the 3rd question (concerning Special Munitions)?

Sorry concerning the Cerberus, I made a confusion with devastating ordnance :unsure: .

Speaking of the Royal Hawk, or a squadron of Steward at RB 3, for example:

- With a Primary Gun you can Fire Inderectly at RB 3 or 4, provided the target is Spotted!

- With the Piercing Munition you cannot fire Inderectly.

- Piercing is in the Option section of the Profile

So is it possible to drop the Piercieng Munition and load the guns with standard shells to Fire inderctly with those weapons (of course without using the Piercing rule)?

Sorry concerning the Cerberus, I made a confusion with devastating ordnance :unsure: .

Speaking of the Royal Hawk, or a squadron of Steward at RB 3, for example:

- With a Primary Gun you can Fire Inderectly at RB 3 or 4, provided the target is Spotted!

- With the Piercing Munition you cannot fire Inderectly.

- Piercing is in the Option section of the Profile

So is it possible to drop the Piercieng Munition and load the guns with standard shells to Fire inderctly with those weapons (of course without using the Piercing rule)?

No Options here mean extra to standard (as in Optional extra) and has already been selected for you. (Its not free you know :P)

Commodore edition page 150 says generators are used in the command consolidation step unless otherwise stated. I.e. before the model moves.

The target painters for KoB only have 16" range which means you'd have to be really close to use them as you'd need to start your turn that close *before* you move. This seems at odds with the fact that most KoB torpedoes don't work in RB1.

Am I missing something rules wise here?

If that's how they work then that's fine, and I clearly need to think long and hard about how to leverage the synergy between the painters and the firing models.

Commodore edition page 150 says generators are used in the command consolidation step unless otherwise stated. I.e. before the model moves.

The target painters for KoB only have 16" range which means you'd have to be really close to use them as you'd need to start your turn that close *before* you move. This seems at odds with the fact that most KoB torpedoes don't work in RB1.

Am I missing something rules wise here?

If that's how they work then that's fine, and I clearly need to think long and hard about how to leverage the synergy between the painters and the firing models.

That is in fact how they work. The best way to leverage them in my OP is to spread them out and use the generators to mark for other squadrons. You can get a mark on the close but when it becomes a brawl I let my lead ships mark for my second wave.

Just a little something I'd like clarified about target painter gens, specifically the Euclid's energy weapon TPG: it can aid all energy weapons except Particle Accelerators (because PAs are indiscriminate)?

Almost correct. The Energy blast is also indiscriminate, so can't be helped by it either.

The Rugged Construction MAR can indeed reduce an attack to 0 AD.

James

That is in fact how they work. The best way to leverage them in my OP is to spread them out and use the generators to mark for other squadrons. You can get a mark on the close but when it becomes a brawl I let my lead ships mark for my second wave.

That makes them much harder to use, due to a much more limited range.  Not only a decrease in range in inch but now also the range made the models movent has now been reduced to zero. Was this too powerful, that i received such a nerv? Other Generators like the Calcification Gen still work after movement. 

I think it´s okay, that they do not stack, so only one +1 Marker is gained. With a better to hit you get a few results more. Because it does not change the total amount of D6 you roll, the average amounts of 6 scored won´t change. So the marker is not overpowered in my opinion. 

That makes them much harder to use, due to a much more limited range.  Not only a decrease in range in inch but now also the range made the models movent has now been reduced to zero. Was this too powerful, that i received such a nerv? Other Generators like the Calcification Gen still work after movement. 

I think it´s okay, that they do not stack, so only one +1 Marker is gained. With a better to hit you get a few results more. Because it does not change the total amount of D6 you roll, the average amounts of 6 scored won´t change. So the marker is not overpowered in my opinion. 

You can move 2-7" without closing the rest of the way. Also many British vessels have broadsides or aft torpedo turrets that can be used without so much concern for the closing issue. As I said the most effective way to use them in my experience is to paint for another squadron. EG if you paint for submerged vanguards that are hanging back the surface vessels don't block and now your piercing diving torpedoes hit on 4+ or better against other divers.

You can move 2-7" without closing the rest of the way. Also many British vessels have broadsides or aft torpedo turrets that can be used without so much concern for the closing issue. As I said the most effective way to use them in my experience is to paint for another squadron. EG if you paint for submerged vanguards that are hanging back the surface vessels don't block and now your piercing diving torpedoes hit on 4+ or better against other divers.

You are right, that theire are ways for the KoB to act, when they are already close or any enemy closes in, but i would prefer not closing so soon. The Cruisers move with 8" one RB. So in the past it was possible to stay out at RB 3 and then activate, close in at 16" mark and fire at full effectiveness. Now this chanche has gone. 

Marking for another Squad or the own one makes NO difference at all, because no matter whow or how many ships benefit from the markt target, the marking ship must be at the beginning of its activation and RB 2 and that means your enemy was at the end of his activation there. And always remember: when the enemy is in range, than so are you. ;-) I don´t see the Dominion staying alive when a squadrons comes into 16" of it. No shields and an average stat line... It would really love it, when somebody would think about the target painter again. 

You are right, that theire are ways for the KoB to act, when they are already close or any enemy closes in, but i would prefer not closing so soon. The Cruisers move with 8" one RB. So in the past it was possible to stay out at RB 3 and then activate, close in at 16" mark and fire at full effectiveness. Now this chanche has gone. 

Marking for another Squad or the own one makes NO difference at all, because no matter whow or how many ships benefit from the markt target, the marking ship must be at the beginning of its activation and RB 2 and that means your enemy was at the end of his activation there. And always remember: when the enemy is in range, than so are you. ;-) I don´t see the Dominion staying alive when a squadrons comes into 16" of it. No shields and an average stat line... It would really love it, when somebody would think about the target painter again. 

If you're anywhere within 16 inches of a dreadnaught you get +2 dice to shields, alternatively put your dominions attached to squadrons. I usually run two squadrons of agi's with an attached dominion. The extra ships help screen the dominion from smaller vessels and you're winning out if your enemy is focusing too much large firepower on taking out a few TPGs.

Dominions are something I almost never take 'alone' as a squadron unless I have papa dreadnaught around....you should see some KoB strategy threads on the use of the dominions.

The Kursk can link its three turrets, and morters together? I cant see why it cant,but no ship gets to link 6 weapons together.... especially when said dice pool comes to over 30 in rb2. How that ever passed testing ill never know. It makes its 210 points a bargain.

An in theory very powerful option is fine, so long as it is costed in, especially if it is actually little used....how often do you use your Majesty dreadnaught linking 5 Turrets on one target? Or the various gunship/cruiser squadrons with 6 turrets firing all at one target? -Attackers or Uwatsu linking all 8 attacks is a different kettle of fish, given the AD levels there.

Against most landships, I'd fire the Kursks three turrets  individually, and expect 1 or 2 x DR results, 1 or 2 x Cr results, and then use the mortars to destroy a small squadron. Against a mobile airfield, linking a turret and mortar should give a crit at RB2, so do that 3 times.

What did you want to fire at that makes the 33 AD attack a good idea? A Vauban or the Chinese dreadnaught? There, the 33 AD doesn't get to a double Crit, so you might as well just fire the 24AD from the turrets, get a Crit, and then mortars some smalls...

James

Quick question on carriers - may be self explanatory but wanted to be sure..

Carrier 6 with 8 hit points takes 6 points of damage. Does this mean it can no longer do any actions with regards to SAW's?

regards

DCG

Quick question on carriers - may be self explanatory but wanted to be sure..

Carrier 6 with 8 hit points takes 6 points of damage. Does this mean it can no longer do any actions with regards to SAW's?

regards

DCG

Unless it's a Drone launcher, then yes, it isn't doing any more carrier stuff this game- unless repaired.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.