Naptain Cemo

Islands in the sun ...

... might be a stupid title, but I put my creativity in making scenery and terrain and not in titles  :P

Did some work:

Lighthouse island

Lighthouse Island 1.jpg

Lighthouse Island 4.jpg

The island and the house are made of styrofoam used for insulation of buildings, the lighthouse itself is made of parts of a whiteboard marker and of a ball pen. The small steam ship entirely consists of plastic card, the trees and hedges are made of that foam you find in the DW-Blisters plus some toothpicks for trunks. All is glued onto a base of thin plastic card. It's not yet finished but I have to sleep now.

NC

post-4991-0-45525900-1399849620_thumb.jppost-4991-0-72301600-1399849691_thumb.jp

It looks very nice! I really like the house and the trees. For a next island, I would tune down the brightness of the blue paint a little bit. Now it looks like a nuclear explosion just took place underwater. The pattern is excellent, but with slightly toned down colours it would look even better.

For the water I used white directly around the island, then applied vallejo electric blue thinned a lot with water, then stormy blue thinned with water and in the end thinned night blue (from inner to outer). Maybe I should add some steel grey to the electric blue and thin less with water.

Edit: I shot the pictures of the finished island using a daylight lamp - this might have given the colours some additional brightness 

NC

...only to be reduced to a pile of smoking rocks after the passage of a battleship or two... :P

Well, war … war never changes …

On the other hand a real officer and gentleman would never shoot at civilians. He would consider such deeds a lack of sportsmanship.

NC

Shameless stealing of Vonhymack's idea with the Airfix pontoon bridge led to my first merchant vessel. It ist not yet primed. The black tanks are made of the rear end of whiteboard markers, the white tank has been a part of a lipstick and the things upon all of that are lasguns from the chimera APC by that company that never shall be named within this community. I added two pieces of Firestrom Armada Scenery. The rest is plastic card, glue, some filler, an ammo box 1:48 scale and a sunny sunday afternoon  ;)

That stuff underneath the ship is cork, paintet with wall paint. I'm trying out hwo to make some flat landmass with 20 x 20 cm tiles.

NC

gallery_4991_806_52192.jpg

gallery_4991_806_134445.jpg

gallery_4991_806_147571.jpg