Sign in to follow this  
Azriall

Heavy BB VS BB

Is it just me or are spartan pulling our large ships in line to look like our dread. I always thought the Dreadnaught looked the most out of place in our fleet. But now the heavy BB looks like a shrunken Dread. The new battle cruiser and cruiser looks like it would fit in with the fleet. Love that tri hull look, but the new heavy BB just doesn't do it for me. I always thought the dread was ugly

Agree that the BC looks good.  But which ones would be most fun to play?

They all are. :ph34r:

Is it just me or are spartan pulling our large ships in line to look like our dread. I always thought the Dreadnaught looked the most out of place in our fleet. But now the heavy BB looks like a shrunken Dread. The new battle cruiser and cruiser looks like it would fit in with the fleet. Love that tri hull look, but the new heavy BB just doesn't do it for me. I always thought the dread was ugly

I have the opinion that they all fit. The battle cruiser is more of a cross looks wise between the larger BB and the cruiser family of ships.

Gameplay you will want the Dreadnought...trust me.

They all are. :ph34r:

I have the opinion that they all fit. The battle cruiser is more of a cross looks wise between the larger BB and the cruiser family of ships.

Gameplay you will want the Dreadnought...trust me.

Agree it fits in overall style. But the dreadnought has that huge airplane like hanger structure on top. Where the rest of the fleet looks more streamlined train. Now the heavy bb has the smaller hanger on top. But it's rear section is improved over the dread. Can I ask why the heavy bb doesn't look more like the bb. The battle cruiser does look similar to the cruiser which I love. Also did I mention I love the tri hull look.

Agree it fits in overall style. But the dreadnought has that huge airplane like hanger structure on top. Where the rest of the fleet looks more streamlined train. Now the heavy bb has the smaller hanger on top. But it's rear section is improved over the dread. Can I ask why the heavy bb doesn't look more like the bb. The battle cruiser does look similar to the cruiser which I love. Also did I mention I love the tri hull look.

How the models are designed and why they look the way that they do is something to ask Spartan Neil. I can only offer conjecture. The one possible answer to the "hanger" look is the need to cover and protect the rockets. Since the rockets are permanent and not an option ( like the FSA ) the EotBS engineers needed to protect them and the rockets being quite large needed a large space on the dreadnought and battleships. I have always kinda thought that way about it since I got the dreadnought.......cause you don't see the rocket launchers. It's not hard to imagine all the activity taking place to launch such large rockets from a ship and the need to protect that activity.

Even the Yurgi destroyer has a much smaller version of the dreadnought look and the launchers are partially revealed. Of course it fires smaller rockets, but engineering wise some protection is placed around the rocket compartments. When you consider the rockets the look of certain EotBS ships do begin to make sense ( in a peculiar way ). The heavy BB design is probably  stronger than the original BB, so it looks similar to the dreadnought.

How the models are designed and why they look the way that they do is something to ask Spartan Neil. I can only offer conjecture. The one possible answer to the "hanger" look is the need to cover and protect the rockets. Since the rockets are permanent and not an option ( like the FSA ) the EotBS engineers needed to protect them and the rockets being quite large needed a large space on the dreadnought and battleships. I have always kinda thought that way about it since I got the dreadnought.......cause you don't see the rocket launchers. It's not hard to imagine all the activity taking place to launch such large rockets from a ship and the need to protect that activity.

Even the Yurgi destroyer has a much smaller version of the dreadnought look and the launchers are partially revealed. Of course it fires smaller rockets, but engineering wise some protection is placed around the rocket compartments. When you consider the rockets the look of certain EotBS ships do begin to make sense ( in a peculiar way ). The heavy BB design is probably  stronger than the original BB, so it looks similar to the dreadnought.

The rocket launchers are the little many barreled clusters on anything medium or larger...the rockets the EotBS are much smaller than FSA rockets.

I must say they all look great! As with must models, if the stats are good you will see more of them.

I will be getting all of the models regardless of there stats.

I hope with the new rules we don't turn into the fleet others hate, yet can put the beat down on any others.