Sign in to follow this  
Ravager

Orders Received! Mission Cards

So, kiwicolourstudio brought this idea up on Sunday during our gaming session. And me being me (ie: completely nuts) thought it would be a good idea. So here you have it, primary and secondary objective cards, in the style of (somewhat modified) STAR cards. It also includes a bonus "Scrambled Orders' primary objective, where you simply have to stop the other guy.

OR Mission Cards

OR Mission Cards (High Quality Print)

Like all great ideas, simple - but genius! The only comment/improvement I could think of would be to visually distinguish the Primary and Seconday cards by colour in some way, in order to stop klutz's like me mixing them together and with my other STAR cards,,,,(!)

They're gold (well, yellowish) with a blue roundel. Star cards are gunmetal (or greyish) with a red roundel. They've got either Primary or Secondary on the back in bright red letters. If that's not distinct enough, I don't know what is.

Nice work once again Ravager!

Thanks for the compliments.

If your excel generator can pop up images, I could make low-res .png or .jpeg files to use in it.

I can;t find the right thread but i wanted to give some feedback regarding the orders received. Generally I like them but now and then I find something that's really unbalanced. The latest example would be the objective that involves you having a high ranking officer and getting 5(!) free tactic points on your biggest ship. I can't say for sure because the rule book only gives values up to 3 tactic points but i'd gues that's a 500 point advantage being given to one side. Way way too much. I'd drop it to, say, 2 TPs.

Nice idea! I suppose they should work with 2 edition starter set?

Some of them aren't as balanced for 2.0 as they were for 1.1 or 1.5. Some of the ones based on hull points are easier for some races than others. Dindrenzi have very high HP but softer defenses - something like Works Raptor or Aquans have significantly lower HP but higher alternative defenses. A cheddarball Dindrenzi would win an HP based engagement but hiding most of his fleet and then just "having more HP at the end" because of it.

They're not perfect - but I gave them a quick glance (again) and none of them look terribly unbalanced.

Zak