Danimrathbr /

BattleScribe

looking for some feedback

Pathogen files now have torpedoes treated like any other weapon (since indirect isn't a weapon system)

comments (since no one has really noticed yet.)

I have a Dindrenzi version mostly ready, (using it for my armies) looking for feedback.

looking for some feedback

Pathogen files now have torpedoes treated like any other weapon (since indirect isn't a weapon system)

comments (since no one has really noticed yet.)

I have a Dindrenzi version mostly ready, (using it for my armies) looking for feedback.

I will need to get used to looking in the correct column, but I like it.

Seeing torps are an indirect weapon, and thus have some different rules, maybe append an "(i)" as a reminder? So we get "Torpedoes (i)"

Looking through some files, I found Gravitational weapons are already done the way you want to do the Torpedoes. Cyberwarfare needs to be changed too then.

So then we get the following list of weapon types:

Primary

Beam

Kinetic

Scatter

Nuclear

Torpedoes (i)

Gravitational (i)

Cyberwarfare (i)

I will need to get used to looking in the correct column, but I like it.

Seeing torps are an indirect weapon, and thus have some different rules, maybe append an "(i)" as a reminder? So we get "Torpedoes (i)"

I was doing some more work last night:

Still trying to get a constant way to force the ordering of the weapons (which at this time the leading method is a period.

on appending the (i) , I'm not sure it's needed as by the time time someone fires the weapon they already know if it's direct/indirect (I'm not really opposed either)

Also the Battlescribe files already have the format of a MAR or a modifier appearing in the ().

Really good stuff to think about.

I was doing some more work last night:

Still trying to get a constant way to force the ordering of the weapons (which at this time the leading method is a period.

on appending the (i) , I'm not sure it's needed as by the time time someone fires the weapon they already know if it's direct/indirect (I'm not really opposed either)

Also the Battlescribe files already have the format of a MAR or a modifier appearing in the ().

Really good stuff to think about.

Would spaces not be preferable to dots?

I'll start toying with some ideas tonight too.

Would spaces not be preferable to dots?

I'll start toying with some ideas tonight too.

if you check the pathogen files I replace space with a hard space to force the printouts to be cleaner ( ). I really wanted to use some hidden html to force the sorting. right now the sorting (for the peanut gallery) is based off the name of the weapon system.

Plum Fore                  torpedo

Plum Fore (Fixed)       kinetic

I played around and add a single period I get:

Plum Fore (Fixed)       kinetic

Plum. Fore                 torpedo

Not perfect, I was trying to find a way to group weapons in battlescribe into a direct and indirect box, but no luck yet.

A compromise might be:

Plum-D Fore (Fixed)       kinetic

Plum-I Fore                   torpedo

D= direct I indirect with one of many possible formats ( D ) ( (D) ) ( -D- ) ( D ) ( D )

I may try this tonight and see how it comes out, I think it would be better for the users if we could find a clean, way to place the direct weapons first and indirect second. (or at least for me). I think order inside that list is fine the way it is.

Adding small changes to an already great product is a tough act.

I just tried Battlescribe Mobile 1.15.07 with the Firestorm-Armada-v2 v20 bsi file.

It works well, but one thing bugs me. When I create a Dindrenzi fleet, add a battle station and then 2 or 3 Defence Platforms, I get an error saying "Defence Platform has 1 too many selections from Platform Class (maximum 1)".

Am I really doing something wrong? I thought the maximum for defence platforms was 3, not 1? Any hints how I can resolve this or is it a bug in the bsi file?

In Patrol and Battle fleets you can have up to one Battle station and up to one squadron of Defence platforms. In Grand Fleet you can have up to two of both. I don't know what you mean by 2 or 3 Defence Platforms, but if you refer to squadrons then you really have too many. If you refer to models, than that's one squadron and there is a bug in the files.

In Patrol and Battle fleets you can have up to one Battle station and up to one squadron of Defence platforms. In Grand Fleet you can have up to two of both. I don't know what you mean by 2 or 3 Defence Platforms, but if you refer to squadrons then you really have too many. If you refer to models, than that's one squadron and there is a bug in the files.

Yes, I create a Patrol Fleet, add 1 Battle Station and 1 Squadron of Defence Platforms (2 or 3 models doesn't matter). Then the message appears. Is there any way I can report this bug?

I fixed the Terran one and another one or two a month ago but I can't remember which ones.

All that needs to be done is to add another tier to the selection.

Defense platform

-Platform class (group)

-- Pilum Platform

---- Pilum

right now there are a few races left that are missing the '-- Pilum Platform' tier.

I am still waiting for a copy of the rules of the new RotO ships, so I can correct all the errors in the current files.

If anyone has a copy/scan/whatever please let me know and we'll work something out :)

Meanwhile, I crushed a bug where Works Raptor were unable to select more than 1 Destroyer squadron in 1600+ point lists.

As soon as Danimrath merges the code the files will be updated.