Sign in to follow this  
CoreHunter

Terran adjustments

I have heard next to nothing about any form of adjustments needed to or for Terrans. So does anyone see anything changing in the upcoming fleet book release? I know i would like mines on the Aegis to synergies with the carrier and support function in the fleet. I don't think a MN3 would require much if any point change for them. Anyone else have any ideas about changes that may happen or any ships that may see a point increase?

I'd support some changes to the Aegis as well, either make it cheaper or give it something extra. However, rather than mines, I'd prefer to give the Aegis Wings:1, this would help it be a better support ship, because it can now use interceptors to provide PD coverage or support ships to repair crit effects and heal crew damage.

It would ofcourse be problematic if you'd field it with a carrier, considering the Ares can already get 12 Wings total.But, I'm sure something could be figured out.

Personally, I find the only thing I'm lacking as Terrans is a cheaper ship capable of taking Wings. Wings are very good right now, especially early game when a squad of interceptors can pretty much make you impervious to torpedo fire. So, I'd like to see a cheaper vessel, capable of taking a few wings.

hmm how would a wing 14 squadron work though? you know someone will try it so i don't see them getting wings. We would also be stepping on Relthozan territory and they are having a fit over their tier2s already as it is :P. It just doesn't bring anything to the carrier as an accompaniment. If you close with them the enemy may get into your 6" and will gain the bonus also ti has little in the way of AD to supply the carriers for defending themselves. bringing them means not reliably utilizing assault srs and bombers having 12" range leaves them rather close to the enemy. I really just don't see them as a good option for carriers.

Is the Aegis really the only ship Terrans got that needs adjusting? you think the Missionary or Pilgrim will be cost adjusted?

The pilgrim is the best frigate in the game, followed closely by the missionary. I'm not sure any adjustments are required, unless you're adjusting their trajectory into the bin. I HATE pilgrims so much...

I would absolutely like to see something done with the aegis though - the poor thing might be the worst ship in the game at the moment, but I've no idea what to do with it. Everything you do seems to overpower the large ships while making sod all difference to the survivability of the mediums.

Yeah the Aegis is a pain to balance.  I tried several different types of rules for it and most were worthless or over powered.    A friend of mine recommended some type of overload or overheating rule, causing possible ship wide problems.     Improve it a bit, but since its an R&D cruiser make it not as reliable.  (though I hate more random table ****, have enough of that from other games)   Just an idea, not fleshed out or anything yet.

I have a great deal of respect for the beta testers, they did what they could for the Aegis.    Any unit that modifies another unit is difficult to balance.

The best version of the Aegis in my opinion was the last one, where the shields were used instead of the protected ships.  Nowadays it's need a bump up, 3 SH or the like, but it was good to use.  Better for frigates and cruisers, but even a large could get some help by using a Aegis to cover a vulnerable flank that's weak from sectoring.  

That being said, I love the idea on the Tyrant of ships getting access to the shield projector (Self), representing a newer, and more effective shield system. Hope to see options like that for future ship designs.