duck_bird

Any Firestorm players in Maryland?

Heya gents, have you tried playing at Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie? I own a store in Massachusetts but grew up in Annapolis.
The owner Ed is an awesome guy and that shop is one of the very few that I'm jealous of.

I'm not sure if they carry Spartan Games aggressively, but they're a top notch store with lots of gaming space (they also have a miniature centric full time guy, Patrick, who seems to harbor a lot of love for non mainstream miniature games...)

So, I just found out I have off on the 25th through the 27th. On the 26th I'll be seeing a show with my girlfriend, but either of the other two days I am free.

Oh, actually I can make any Friday this month it seems!

Anyone up for a game this Friday?  Or next?  25th still works too though!  

I've only played a few games so far, so got plenty to learn, but I definitely want to face new opponents!

Y'know what time you might be looking at being there? I have to pick my girlfriend up from metro later that night, I might not be able to stay past seven or so.

Just as some info about Dream Wizards - Wednesdays is the only open mini gaming night but there's plenty of room. I've never seen anyone have trouble finding space to play whatever game they want. There's a couple people who just started Firestorm (and I may be one of them soon), so even though the main games right now are 40k and Malifaux, there's people playing all sorts of stuff and no one has to fight for space. 

Just got back from my game against Duck_Bird. Dream Wizard may be close, but given a) the limit on when mini gaming is available there and B) how freaking nice Dropzone is(seriously, I was blown away) I'm inclined to say that a trip to Dropzone once or twice a month is far more likely than a trip to Dream Wizards ever, for me. No offence to you or any other Firestormers there, just... I'm not gonna lie, Dreamwizards kind of creeps me out.

I'm not strictly opposed to a trip to Dreamwizards now and then, but I very much prefer Dropzone.  Much nicer venue, my friends work there, and it's got a nice chill crowd.

I'd be willing to try DW out for a game if you guys get a group going, but Dropzone would be better I feel.

I'm in the DC area and would like to spectate the next time you play. I'm compteplating getting into FA, but I can't get a sense of the gameplay in V2... Not many V2 Batreps out there.

Further, I would like to take lots of photos & videos as source material for a Batrep. I can be complete unobtrusive, but would prefer if I could periodically record each players thoughts. Also, the vids probably wouldn't be used in the actual report

Hey,

I'm fine with pictures for a batrep, but I prefer not to be in shots myself.  You're more than welcome to watch a game, (though I worry you will get bored o.o) if you'd like.

FSA is a very fun game though, and we're eagerly hoping to build more of a community in Maryland.  The guys at Dropzone are considering having FSA on the shelves starting in July, so I think we can get a solid group together!

Yo, what happened? I was hoping for some spectation! I could have used a cheerleader, too, considering how that game turned out, haha.

I was just thinking, though, can we do group messages on this forum? I know it's IPboards powered, and at least some versions do group convos, but I was wondering if maybe we could do a Marylander/DC group conversation so that we can discus availabilities for gaming without bumping the thread every time.

I ended up staying at work until 7:00 PM or so, and as I had no idea when y'all would be playing, I felt it would be foolish to spend two hours driving to watch half a game.

There will be future opportunities, I think, especially since I just bought the 2.0 Rulebook, and am debating which starter fleets to go with. I'm thinking Aquan and Dindrenzi, and painting them in a Halo theme.