Pok

The new terrans.

Personally I did mine in white and red.

I wanted them to be white initially. But I tried two white primers, and both were being a bag of...baguettes, so I went for black undercoat..which means either another black fleet (check my RSN and aquans :P ) or moar grey.

Caine- hehe, thanks!

That is very much a compliment. Anyway, it's intermediate grey with white highlight, dark grey for..dark bits, and GW yellows for the yellow bits. Total of 5 colours I think not counting the blue engines. Then I use dark shade quickshade dip thing to give it the celshaded look.

That is very much a compliment. Anyway, it's intermediate grey with white highlight, dark grey for..dark bits, and GW yellows for the yellow bits. Total of 5 colours I think not counting the blue engines. Then I use dark shade quickshade dip thing to give it the celshaded look.

It is the darkshade glossiness that is causing the effect I am seeing in the pic above.

Thanks Pok!

My Terran ships (just the contents of the old starter box) are silver and blue. It's a tribute to my old Starlancer/Freelancer clan.

Maybe someone should do neon pink Terrans or something, as a reaction to grey. :)

A small update. I finished painting the heavy cruiser attachment for the cruisers squadron. It looks awesome. I also learned that you should wait MORE than 24hrs between dipping and using matte varnish...small parts of the dip haven't cured completely and caused a minor "orange peel" effect on some parts of the ship. It's invisible unless you decide to peer closely luckily, so just lesson learned, no need to strip the paint down.

Heavycroos_zpsfbf66e5e.jpg

And in the squadron. Hopefully in this light the greys transition will be better visible.

terrancooorssqudron_zps2bcd711b.jpg

Oh please. You have those red-black ones, right? You deserve extra points for picking non-grey scheme, and they do look neat and tidy, which in spaceship (or general non-living models) makes all the difference. And I cheat by using quick-shade to get the shading too :P