Sign in to follow this  
Kaptyn Krys

Kaptyns Plog

A plog to follow on from my modelling log (mlog?) "behold my creations".

My first real time airbrushing since I got one for christmas, my old fleet was stripped and I've undercoated, base coloured, highlighted and added the red to about half my fleet

p4zBxCa.jpg

yes that's about half my fleet....

next to do, add red to the smalls then detail things like windows, symbols and turrets and finally a wash.

If that's half your fleet, the upkeep costs of keeping so many ships flying must be killing your military budget. I'd be willing to foster some of them since we have the budget to maintain ships but not requisition new ships... :)

Really though, more pics. Liking what I see so far but can't see much :P

Update. getting there. My camera isn't quite good enough to pick up some of the rather subtle shading from my airbrush, maybe I should have picked colours a few more tones apart. Another thing you can't see is the fact I mixed some metallic medium in to the paints so my ships catch the light a little (NO! not like twighlight!)

ip8dF45.jpg

GMfnuiH.jpg

zKKOjGD.jpg

RxLnXnm.jpg

So many ships to do...

Hope my first attempt when I get an air brush is half as good as yours. Still saving up for one

What air brush you use mate? Also compressor what make it please as I am slowly saving up for one

Hope my first attempt when I get an air brush is half as good as yours. Still saving up for one

What air brush you use mate? Also compressor what make it please as I am slowly saving up for one

I'll tell you what I use:  I have a Badger Patriot 105 dual-action gravity fed, and a Campbell-Hausfield 2-gallon tanked compressor.

Krys, they look nice.  I can see the gradation between the two colors. ;)

I got this on: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Complete-Airbrush-Kit-Compressor-With-Tank-/200600974912?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item2eb4bff640

good compresor, does get hot and cut out if you use it straight for 5 hours...The gravity brush seems pretty good, not tried the bottom fed one. I hear its the cheaprer end of the brush sprectrum but when starting out the compressor is the important part.

Bob, you wish!

Nice "start." That is some pretty good initial airbrushing technique. 

…if you use it 5 straight hours...

I can't think of anything, even my vehicle, that doesn't start to get hot after five hours!