Sign in to follow this  
nazgull2k1

Took the plunge.. spent ALOT of money... regretting it.

This does not fill me with great confidence.

Some mates and I only just got started in FA and today I purchased a Kedorian starter fleet from a store in Melbourne, Australia.

On opening said box I found it was completely missing the two body halves for two of the four cruisers/destroyers.

I have sent an email to Spartan about it and had hoped to get a reply but sounds like I should not really hold high hopes...

Spartan is a small company, so their response time can be slow. However, everything I've heard and seen is consistent with them offering very good service as long as you are patient enough. My patience had been wearing thin about the shipping time of my order for the new rulebook and a few other things, but it did arrive, and all of it looked good. In my experience, even the early models are pretty good. I'll admit my Rev 1 Relthoza frigates are wobbly on the stand, but a bit of Scotch tape nicely fixes that. There was a slight void on my battleship, but I either sanded it down or painted over it, and now I can't see that it was ever there. With everything newer than that (revision 1 and 2 stuff mostly), it has all been fine.

Give SG a few days, and they will make it right. 

As far as fsa stuff goes, I can't comment.

But I had a mismould on a brittania dystopian wars ship. I e-mailed spartan and got a reply a couple of days later. I supplied pics of the problem ship and within a week or so received a replacement.

As has been mentioned, spartan are still a relatively small company who don't work weekends. So a little patience and I am sure you will be answered and sorted the replacements for the damaged products.

We're really sorry to hear that you received those mispacks. We try and eliminate all mispacks, but what you have come across is particularly disappointing and unacceptable. They are the older Starter Sets, and have likely been sitting on the shelf for some time as we have vastly improved our packing process in recent times but, nonetheless, we would like to rectify this immediately.

From your original post it reads that you sent us an e-mail on Friday. It usually takes up to two working days for our despatch department to respond, so you should receive an e-mail back today. They will send you replacements and ensure you get what you need. 

Hopefully I will get an email similarly within a few days. I only sent mine today and will give it a little while.

As a customer one of the things I praise most highly from any company is excellent customer service.

The post from Spartan Games above fills me with confidence. It's not just the offer to replace missing/damaged parts but the quick offer of an apology for any inconvenience.

Very very impressed Spartan. This more than anything will get me coming back to your games.

I have a better solution:

To eliminate all of these mis-packed items, simply remove Zenian League ships off of the shelves. 

This way, SG can better concentrate on all of the other ships, and this will also cut down on the amount of inventory and space that SG must have in their warehouse. (and thus, less mispacks)

See? 

:D

I have a better solution:

To eliminate all of these mis-packed items, simply remove Zenian League ships off of the shelves. 

This way, SG can better concentrate on all of the other ships, and this will also cut down on the amount of inventory and space that SG must have in their warehouse. (and thus, less mispacks)

See? 

Who do we shoot at then?  :P

We're really sorry to hear that you received those mispacks. We try and eliminate all mispacks, but what you have come across is particularly disappointing and unacceptable. They are the older Starter Sets, and have likely been sitting on the shelf for some time as we have vastly improved our packing process in recent times but, nonetheless, we would like to rectify this immediately.

From your original post it reads that you sent us an e-mail on Friday. It usually takes up to two working days for our despatch department to respond, so you should receive an e-mail back today. They will send you replacements and ensure you get what you need. 

As an update.. I did indeed receive an email today from Spartan!  Seeing as how it is coming from the UK, Im gonna guess it'll take a while.. but I am indeed impressed.  Not too many companies out there immediately say "hey, that's *our* fault, we're sorry!  We'll fix it immediately." 

Thank you very much!  You have no idea how much my wife and I appreciate this.

Marauders!

No my Marauders only shoot at you, not you shooting at them. They might get hurt

I've had my share of mispacks/miscasts (mostly pewter Legions stuff), but so far I've never been disappointed, a bit more than a week after I've reported it I've had the part in my hand.... 

Spartan Games' response is a million times better than other companies, especially a certain one that makes tiny WW2 stuff..they NEVER responded to my mail about a missing Tiger tank gun barrel.

If its a certain company that does other historicals as well, and the wwii game shares a name with a common action type of rifle, I've heard they are bad with orders and communication with the customer. Which is sad.

If its a certain company that does other historicals as well, and the wwii game shares a name with a common action type of rifle, I've heard they are bad with orders and communication with the customer. Which is sad.

Nope, not those guys. These guys make REALLY small tanks, and come from the land of Kiwis.

Alexman, I still don't understand where you are coming from here. Version 1? Version 2? The MODELS don't have versions, last I looked. And a Sorylian or Aquan battleship is a battleship no matter how old the pack it's in is. The store owner is in business to make money and there's no reason he should sell things at a loss just because there is a new version of the game out. Heaven knows that most game stores that sell our kind of stuff have a hard enough time staying in business as it is. Now if the store owner had tried to sell Mr. Nazgull a set of Version 1 RULES, then, yes, you might have an argument. But the ship models are the ship models. Every ship in all three of my fleets were bought while the Version 1 rules were in use and I can still use them with the Version 2 rules with no problems. And in any case, the issue here is the QUALITY of the models and that isn't affected by how long they've been sitting on the shelf. If they are defective it doesn't matter if they were made two years ago or yesterday, they were defective when they were put in the box and that shouldn't have happened. I'm glad to see that Spartan is making an effort to make things good. That's what they should do. But there is no way that the store owner is in any way to blame for what happened.

I've had my share of minor miss packs with the Planetfall packs[when you could get them] and after several failed attempts for SG to get it right..................THEY DID!  Often have had slow email response, don't panic yet THEY will come around.

Nope, not those guys. These guys make REALLY small tanks, and come from the land of Kiwis.

I have loads of their stuff, and I have certainly seen my fair share of missing/wrong/miscast parts, but, up to now, I have always received decent service from them.

I have loads of their stuff, and I have certainly seen my fair share of missing/wrong/miscast parts, but, up to now, I have always received decent service from them.

Lucky you  :( 

On another note, guys, why is this thread still going on? Nazgul got a reply from Spartan, case closed.

nazgul,

There are 3 Aquan cruisers in transit to your capital. 

The girl behind the counter said that the estimated date of delivery is this Monday afternoon.... so expect it Tuesday night.  :P

The news of their arrival will bring a chill to every Zenian commander's heart, everywhere.  :D