Sign in to follow this  
zaknafn

A call to Boston Area Players

Agreed and not a bad idea. A dedicated FA day would make it easier to make the trip (since there would be a greater chance of folks being there).

Any thoughts as to when?

-B

Next Toy Soldier Firestorm Armada Day is Saturday April 19th.

I'll make sure to post what scenarios we're using for the league so any that want to participate can come prepared.

In fact, I'm prepared to say that until further notice, we will make the 3rd Saturday of every month Firestorm Armada day (I feel confident we can sustain that through the summer, where it may turn into a "Spartan Games Day" as I look ahead to the eventual release of Planetfall...)

I don't think we have any Spartan Vanguard members in our area (do we?), does anybody want to set up some demos, or a larger game at Open Gaming Convention this July? Now seems like the right time to be thinking about it.

1000 point tournament on the 17th. General gaming most weekends, although I believe there are several tournaments for 40k and Magic. You can usually find a table and an opponent. There is also a heck of a painter that works on Sundays (She is awesome), if you want help with your technique or painting advice. Mick is also pretty good.

Nice to see the TS crowd is still pumping out the games!

I'm dying to hear how your game went today @Noon. Did the swarm list manage to corrode the Sorylians or was it Revenge of the Slith?

Also, I feel like I did my part to de-stock Toy Soldier today :P

Cha-ching $120 later I've finally got the fleet manuals and the "thoroughly ok but not as cool as a Manta, Dagon"

Now to read...

Zak

Zaknafn:

It was an interesting game. Almost like playing a totally different fleet. We ended up with Relthoza 7 Sorylians 9 on the battle log. I just couldn't hurt the dreadnought enough, especially after I lost one of my Battle cruisers. The space shotguns and really poor rolling in an asteroid field took my widows down pretty effectively, but they did manage to plink the Dreadnought a few times so that made me happy. On the upside My Cruisers took the Aquan flyby mine attack to heart and crushed two units of Sorylian frigates out with one shot so, good times! I will take a battle log tie over defeat any day. :)

Heya,

Looks like some of the Boston guys are interested in taking a drive up to TS on the 21st if any of you guys will be around. Yeah...that's three weeks away but it gives me some time to get some paint on the Directorate :P and I figured I'd warn you all in the hopes of blowing some stuff up (preferably not my own).

Zak