Sign in to follow this  
zaknafn

A call to Boston Area Players

Awesome seeing you and the shop Mick. Glad business is booming and you have a great and fun Firestorm community. I was in awe seeing four games played at once and then a 2 on 2 battle at the end (I'm rooting for you Noon - go Relthoza go).

For anyone in the New England area I'd definitely check TS out. Good gaming space and a great stock of everything from collectables to miniatures and a lot of great gamers with good attitudes and nicely painted fleets (including some sweet terrans and pale blue Aquans).

Great meeting you guys, I'm sure we'll be up again.

And a beer was had even if you couldn't make it ;). Hope you feel better.

Brian K.

I had a good game over at the Toy Soldier, and I look forward to my next trip up. (Still working on the timing.)

Thanks to all the locals who were hosting!

Update: Question for the TS locals: Out of curiosity, what is the league scenario (and point value) for next week?

Edited by klarg1

Update: Question for the TS locals: Out of curiosity, what is the league scenario (and point value) for next week?

I'm not sure what the scenario is this week, but there is a facebook group. Like the Toy Soldier page on Facebook, then send a message to Mick and he can get you into the group.

By the way, It was nice having everyone up. We should get a group pic and do a write up for the Spartan magazine thing, next time we all get together. By my count we had 17 Firestorm players there, with 5 or 6 games having been played that afternoon. Drew did a great job putting new terrain into play, and Ian's play mat was gorgeous. Mad Modd's Mister potato Head Stompah was too much! Wish we could have grabbed a drink with you at the Ale house. Next time!

Much fun was had! Hopefully by the next time I come down I'll have my entire fleet painted. And I seem to be missing a large double peg base, someone probably just accidentally picked it up when packing up.

Hey guys!  Had a great time at the TS this last weekend like I said.  I just wrote up a battle report of the game I played against Randy's RSN.  Here's the link to the forum post and the identical blog post:

http://andygomez.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/fsa-battle-report-sorylians-vs-rsn/

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9194-sorylians-vs-rsn-850pts/

Yes it was! Playing the Ralthoza will definitely keep you on your toes.  The precision of the Ralthoza shunt matrix is quite impressive!

I'd like to see how you do in a 1000pt game against the Terran frigate heavy list going around.

And I'm looking to get some games in with my RSN too.

Oh, and hope to have some mining stations terrain ready too.  (Just Ghost Station rules for possible campaign use).

Yes it was! Playing the Ralthoza will definitely keep you on your toes.  The precision of the Ralthoza shunt matrix is quite impressive!

I'd like to see how you do in a 1000pt game against the Terran frigate heavy list going around.

And I'm looking to get some games in with my RSN too.

Oh, and hope to have some mining stations terrain ready too.  (Just Ghost Station rules for possible campaign use).

I have some Battle field tokens and the cards that will be ready soon plus torpedo/gun satelites will be available soon.

As for terrans, I have yet to play them one on one. I have no idea how to face that.

Had an awesome game with Drew on Saturday. Huge brawl for six turns to a well fought tie. Anyone going to be around this Saturday? I would love to face Sorylians or Terrans.

I believe the correct expression for that picture of the Aquan BB is "poor tactical positioning". ;) Awesome to see both the fishies and spiders make a good showing :D.

Zak

Ok, while it is hard to disagree with your new avatar Zak,  just to be clear the carrier (with Admiral) moves, shunts 20 some inches and then the Dred, thanks to the Ralthoza TAC, shunts another 8" beyond that, so yeah... I was't quite ready for that.  :P

Lesson learned, ALWAYS drop mines, no matter how much they complain.... 

See Also:  Dice roll whine thread for how it went....  :D

LOL

Also let's not forget that I came in on fire, that expanded and killed two crew. :)

"just to be clear the carrier (with Admiral) moves, shunts 20 some inches "

(It was only 16", I was lucky on the shunt but not that lucky!)

Hey guys - I was thinking - should we make a Firestorm Armada day be a monthly thing? 1 Saturday every month?

Just to give the out of towners a day to focus on?

Sounds like a nice idea. 

My weekends are tight for April, but I would certainly try to make it.