Jester09

Building Bases?

Hi all!  Our group is about to start playing more land battles in regular DW and were thinking of putting our buildings (ones from the AC box sets) on bases (maybe 3"x3" ish size bases to represent city blocks).  We also plan on eventually playing AC so didn't want to do something that would mess up our AC games.  

My question is:  are there any rules in AC that would make this a bad idea or if anything else I should consider with basing the buildings?

Thanks!

Jester

Hi all!  Our group is about to start playing more land battles in regular DW and were thinking of putting our buildings (ones from the AC box sets) on bases (maybe 3"x3" ish size bases to represent city blocks).  We also plan on eventually playing AC so didn't want to do something that would mess up our AC games.  

My question is:  are there any rules in AC that would make this a bad idea or if anything else I should consider with basing the buildings?

Thanks!

Jester

AC actually specifies the sizes for some terrain features/building sets. You might want to look into those.

Regarding the lenght of medium tanks bataillons, I modelled some bases in 3mm plastic sheets.

They are about 5x5" and the buildings are placed on the corners to mark an empty cross to permit bataillons placement between them.

gallery_69_518_138209.jpg

It fits well for DW and AC, as bataillons can enter from either side. But gluing scenery by this manner tends to make it quite fragile. :/

So I'm going to find another solution : because I want to build a 3'x3' modular industrial complex, crossed by several roads, I'm going to keep 5"x5" tiles, painted as shown above, without gluing buildings on them.

I'll gain storage space, better resistance and the ability to move buildings if a battalion takes up too much space on the tile.
All of this without losing relief effect.
;)

That looks awesome.  Where did you get the ships?

We are planning on magnetizing the buildings and the "base" so for better storage and so we can move them out of the way as needed (and we can swap them out for other buildings). 

I'll take a look at the AC rules tonight.  Thanks all

Cargos are scratched from an Airfix pontoon bridge set. ;)

Magnetizing is a good option, but I can't choose between painting metal sheets fore a true modular building base (with rare earth magnets glued under te buildings) and pre-organized rare earth magnets in my already cut plastic sheets (with nail heads glued under the buildings). :rolleyes: