YouLookLikeANail

Redesigned Unit Stat Cards

After the core nations are updated it would be cool if you looked into the Chinese Federation, there is more than one new thing to implement.

Thank you again for taking up Nails Torch.

Kind regards

Hunger

And its not just the CF, but the PLC also...oh well - at least I think I'm getting good at this.

FSA, EotBS and the RoF are now done, as are the revisions to a few things I missed. Also had another go through the Russian set (their orbat got updated again on the 16th, a week after the last one), but I couldn't find any changes.

I've put in the modifiers to the Pack Tactics MAR as requested, but I've left the +1 note - reason is, there has been no change to the Pack Tactics MAR in the Digital Admiral rulebook, so the +1 per ship still applies, as far as I can tell. But you asked for it, so I obey (personally, I don't think that they're changing it so that you get +x modifier per ship, but that's for another thread...). I am willing to be corrected on this, however.

One other thing to note - I've been doing a bit of printing of my modified cards, and they're coming out a bit lighter than expected. Now that could be down to any number of things - the fact that the mods are being done in MS Paint, the fact that I put the pics into a word document so I can manipulate the size before printing, the fact that a butterfly was hiccuping on its way to Machu Picchu...but I found that if I reduce the gamma to 80%, it comes out pretty much the same as before the mods. If anyone else has ideas, please post them.

So, the Italians are done and being uploaded. Going back over them, though, I think I might do a few touchups another time - considering they were my first efforts, they're a little rough.

Nikanov's rouges are next.

Black Wolf is done and uploading.

Interesting thing about the BW Skyships - the Chimera is the boarder (reckless crew), but is much slower than its fire support counterpart the Wraith - which is, essentially, a faster, flying, Attacker Frigate.

The things you notice when typing up stat cards...

And you can calm down Santrix, the CF are next on the list. I'll see if I can't get them completed by week's end. Its going to be a bit more difficult - most of the product renders that spartan puts out have a white background so I can simply cut and paste, but the chinese ones have this yellow parchment-like background to them. That's going to make it a bit more tricky...

So, the CF turned out to be a bit of a problem with the background colour on the renders, so I did the PLC instead - they're being uploaded as I type. 

As for the CF, well I'll keep working on the renders when I can. It'll just take a while.

Chinese-Federation-Aerial-Battle-Group.j

Been thinking on the CF thing...I'm going to do the cards only, and leave the pics til later. The stats are more important on the card, tbh.

Also, quick question, is the Armoured Dragon supposed to be a Robot? Its says Robot in the name, but the role is "Large Armoured Capital Surface Skimming Model" - no Robot, unlike the Shi in the next entry.

Been thinking on the CF thing...I'm going to do the cards only, and leave the pics til later. The stats are more important on the card, tbh.

Also, quick question, is the Armoured Dragon supposed to be a Robot? Its says Robot in the name, but the role is "Large Armoured Capital Surface Skimming Model" - no Robot, unlike the Shi in the next entry.

Yep it is a robot.

Regards

Hunger

I was looking at the KoB cards and comparing them with my rulebook, and the ruler class does not appear to be correct. I didn't look beyond that but I suspect there may be similar errors in the cards for KoB.

The Threadstarter doesn't maintain the cards anymore. So changed ORBATs will not be taken in account to the downloads.

However http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/user/213-draco84oz/ takes care of the cards and maintaines a different download location with actual cards. Look for a link in his signature.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B14nqLXo8nDKflAyRGZkaldkbWVzNWlHR3hMbmlLYmpxaWNCZlVZSUFWdmVrUmxLUHVYUGM&usp=sharing

I've updated the first post of this thread with some useful information; namely, given that I am no longer able to devote the time required to continue to maintain my cards, I've provided all the information and content required for other people to continue to do so.

I've already provided all this to draco84oz and BigB so they can use as much as they want of what I had already created.  I hope that they will continue to maintain and expand this card set, and I'm confident that they'll do an outstanding job with it.

I've updated the first post of this thread with some useful information; namely, given that I am no longer able to devote the time required to continue to maintain my cards, I've provided all the information and content required for other people to continue to do so.

I've already provided all this to draco84oz and BigB so they can use as much as they want of what I had already created.  I hope that they will continue to maintain and expand this card set, and I'm confident that they'll do an outstanding job with it.

Thanks Nail may you fare well and prosper.

Kind regards

Hunger

So, I've spent the last...(looks at date of last post)...long period of time trying to get to grips with a new program for this job, and failing miserably. Then, I had a brainwave, tried a program I already knew how to use and...well...

Facedesk_by_specklesthefox-d5pvvx8.gif

TL:DR The Chinese are finally finished.

Interesting thing, some of the smaller armoured units appear to be a majority copy-paste from the FSA list of all things - seriously, compare the Chao Feng and the Yorktown, the Pioneer and the Yazi, its uncanny.

On another note, I've also uploaded Nail's two files onto my drive directory, because...I don't think I'll do this again anytime soon. Or at least not on this scale until I've actually bought and mastered a copy of Photoshop.

But thing is, its pretty easy to update these cards yourself with a base copy of MS Paint - its just time consuming. So, I would encourage everyone who uses these cards to try it at least once.

But until the next "patch" (which, knowing my luck now that I've finished these, will be out tomorrow...)

I have been working hard with my day job.  Really hard (80+ hours per week for 5 months now).  I was able to do the mass card create queries that Nail developed within 15mins.  His instructions are solid.  But I will put in some very minor tweaks to the graphics while paying homage to the original card master.

Once the big projects at work are finished, I will be updating the import spreadsheets and do the card updates for review by you fine gents.  We are talking the end of July.  I wish I could do it faster, but my job feeds my family.

I hope to get with Draco soon to work out the validation of the cards as he has the drive and I have the tech.  We should be able to make this work.

Interesting timing. This last weekend I spent some hours ginning up a card for the new bombard group French heavy bomber. I don't have Photoshop, I won't be getting it. Or Illustrator. I do have something called MacDraw. Its no Illustrator, but one can work through it with patience. I used an existing card and put boxes over the old type then overlaid new type. I had to download GIMP to find a program that would allow me to trace the image to separate it from the background-- THAT took time. I was just starting to use a modified back to produce my own. Then I see the posts on the backs and the media package ( REAL time saver). The .PSD files opened in McDraw. I don't think I can use the data files in GIMP or McDaw. I'll make them manually.

I'm kinda working on my own style of cards - they are in no way as nice looking as either Draco's or YLLAN's, so I am trying to focus on functionality instead.

I'm pretty much just using Microsoft Publisher (2013) with a mail merged Excel file.  That works great for the generic Stats portions of the unit (points, HP, AA, guns, etc) however I seem to be running into a problem of where the MARs, and the other "extras" (like shields, or weapon types) that need to be explained on what they do in a quick easy-to-read way (like how YLLAN's cards have the simple sentence explaining the MAR).  I was wondering if someone had already created document a document that I could; well have preferably since a downloadable file is way easier than someone painstakingly making that NOW.  ;)

*Somehow I am either too stupid, or unfamiliar with this format, to upload an image of an example I have been working on from my own computer... :unsure:*

I was working on taking over the stuff that YLLAN left because I have some experience with Photoshop, but I've run into a nasty problem trying to load the CSV files that he imports into photoshop. If someone can solve that problem for me, I'd be perfectly willing to continue work on it :P

Hurrah!

The process has been successfully completed for the KoB! I expect to have the other core nations done within the next two weeks or so, I'll keep you posted!

...Though I think I'll skip doing the SAS and Infantry tokens, since that is, err, less important to me.