veritechc

Are you wondering what come in the Sorylian Patrol Box?

I know I was so here you go. You can see more on the Black Ocean's Facebook!

Sorylian Collective Falx Class Battleship. The details are amazing.

1560518_584517254965231_1533656497_n.jpg

The Sorylian Collective Falcata Class Cruiser with the parts to make one a Kopis Class Heavy Cruiser. The top front part and the top engines you put on for the heavy cruiser.

1513220_584518784965078_1387766202_n.jpg

Soryllian Collective Reaper Class Frigate. And you get 5 of these beauties!

1533751_584520398298250_887347587_n.jpg

Here are all the tokens that come in the Sorylian Collective Patrol Fleet Box. What is really nice is that they are die cut!

1525374_584520764964880_328304795_n.jpg

Look my first set of Tac Cards came with the Sorylian Collective Patrol Fleet Box.

58172_584521258298164_692292273_n.jpg

The new frigates are a horrible joke.  Have you seen the flat, featureless front end?    They look beautiful side-on, but from the front they look unfinished.

I thought that too. Even the side on details seemed a bit more 'cartoony' and less realistic looking than the rest of the box imho.

I love the Falx model so much.

I thought that too. Even the side on details seemed a bit more 'cartoony' and less realistic looking than the rest of the box imho.

I love the Falx model so much.

The new frigates are a horrible joke.  Have you seen the flat, featureless front end?    They look beautiful side-on, but from the front they look unfinished.

Please note that area was the only place they could poor in resin to the mold. My frigates came with a filled tube on the front. I will have to sand the "nubs" down then I will be doing Druss' mod.

Yeah I didn't buy the box because of the front end of those. Obviously I have no idea about sculpting then mass producing a model but having it flat when all possible in game representations have fore guns seems like a bad move. Would it have been too much of a killer to either have 2 parts or to detail the front and have a flat section on the bottom (that no one will see) where it got poured?

If you dislike the flat front look there are companies that make scale model rivet heads for things like trains. My FLGS back home had packs of them that were great for sprucing up the detail on surfaces. I can't find the company (tried google searching it, but I don't know the name). They were made of plastic and came on a strip of I want to say 20 rivet heads. The ones I bought  were bulky and would probably look pretty good as a nose piece on those Frigates. Ask around at your LGS or a train store if you happen to have one nearby.

So, I just got my Patrol Fleet, and I'm wondering: Does the Falx come with it's own flight stand insert? I didn't get a Falx-sized one, but I got two extra cruiser ones. Are these for the Falx? I can kind of make them work, was just wondering if there's a better option.

Is this a mispack?

So, I just got my Patrol Fleet, and I'm wondering: Does the Falx come with it's own flight stand insert? I didn't get a Falx-sized one, but I got two extra cruiser ones. Are these for the Falx? I can kind of make them work, was just wondering if there's a better option.

Is this a mispack?

That is correct. It takes the two flight stands with the holes away from each other. I'll post a picture up in a few hours...

Not a mis-pack!

That is correct. It takes the two flight stands with the holes away from each other. I'll post a picture up in a few hours...

Not a mis-pack!

Really? I thought the new battleships were using the double-post base like the Praetorians and Tyrant?

If not, then I stand corrected!

Is this a mispack?

Really? I thought the new battleships were using the double-post base like the Praetorians and Tyrant?

If not, then I stand corrected!

Here are some pictures to help you out:

1897000_592628594154097_1861958590_n.jpg

1625735_592633267486963_1165434680_n.jpg

1506830_592633494153607_1756331590_n.jpg

And here is the Falx assembled.Note that I chose to use the heavy cruiser engines to replace the port and starboard engines. I though it help break up the silhouette better.

1010974_592633544153602_39869299_n.jpg

The ships look really nice. Much better than the old ones, especially the cruisers and frigates.

I almost went Sorylian, as they have the best looking ships of all major races, but then I saw a picture of the Ganak and fell in love.

I'm looking into buying this Patrol Fleet (new player) but I'm wondering: in the product's description, it says there's one upgrade to transform one Falcata class cruiser into one Kopis heavy class cruiser. But the Fleet Manual states the Kopis/heavy cruiser's squadron size is 2-4. Does that mean I couldn't field the Kopis out of the box, rendering the upgrade component (at first) useless?

I'm looking into buying this Patrol Fleet (new player) but I'm wondering: in the product's description, it says there's one upgrade to transform one Falcata class cruiser into one Kopis heavy class cruiser. But the Fleet Manual states the Kopis/heavy cruiser's squadron size is 2-4. Does that mean I couldn't field the Kopis out of the box, rendering the upgrade component (at first) useless?

You could run a mixed cruiser squadron, per p.40 of the Firestorm Armada rulebook (midway down the page) - I'd recommend magnetising an upgradeable model, by the way!