MadCartographer

What type of paint do you use

OK i use halford car acrylic spray primer its the only thing that i have found that sticks really really well to resin . then light coat of army painter primer colour if i what a different colour than gray.

For the actual painting side i use Vallejo line and Games Work shop paints and also some army painter paints. metallic i only use Vallejo air  Range i found them this year and oh my they are so very very nice because they are designed to go throw air brush they are amazing. the metallic flakes are so so small.

Vallejo paints. Sadly, I can't find washes that perform better than the citadel washes.

for washes i am using Army painter washes and some GW one's  but the GW are not as good any more. replacment for the most common GW are. (and oh my they are realy realy good)

Army painter Dark tone = Badab Black

Army painter Strong tone= Devkan Mud

spray matt varnish well i would love to to us dusters dull coat be can get it in UK any were. so i realy need to find a good one my self

hope that helps

Vallejo and GW (say what you want ,they have a few very very good paints. Generally, gw for metallics and "base" paints, vallejo for details and such). Also, do make sure to give your models a warm, relaxing soap bath to get rid of the release agent on them, it can cause paint to not stick or flake.

My biggest complaint about the GW Paints isn't their quality which I think is very good. Not to mention their foundation series that can paint over black because of the super strong pigment. No, my issue is those crappy little bottles they come in. They dry out and waste much of there over priced paint!

But lets also not forget priming. Make sure your laying down a good coat or two of thin primer.

I used Vallejo model color paints, thinned. For a wash I use the Vallejo black ink, extremely thinned with matt medium and a flow agent added. Alexmann got me into that recipe, and it works well without the grittiness that the new citadel washes can leave behind.

Oh, I have started to fall down the airbrush hole. So I am tackling that learning curve. :D

I've got nice healthy mix I use, mostly it is Vallejo, but I also use Reaper, and Citadel (GW).  For terrain I used the cheaper craft paints.

I'll tell you this, if you miss the Foundation series that Citadel put out, the Vallejo Heavy's are a nice comparison.  They cover well and making base coating a snap, even through the airbrush.

Vallejo paints. Sadly, I can't find washes that perform better than the citadel washes.

They do have good washes, and someone mentioned the strong tone and dark tone from army painter, which are good too (I have the strong tone dip can for my grimdark guard). What I use a lot now though is oil washes. I used them for the first time on that bb I submitted for the competition and just loved it. So much easier than you'd think as well.

Vallejo Game Colour and Model Colour for painting, Vallejo and Army painter for washes and inks.

I really like the AP Tones, the Blue Tone in particular.

I've still got some GW washes left, but as the shades gets changed around with every new paint range I try to stay away from them (I find that the drop bottles last longer, as well).

After using GW paints fpr almost one and a half decade i switched to Vallejo about 2 years ago. Main reasons were:

1. The new GW paints - i tried a few and found them to be horrible.

2. I purchased a small airbrush system and found Vallejo paint flasks much better to handle.

3. Vallejo have a lot more and realistic colours to offer.