We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

atlervetok

i have decided!

well after a long time thinking i am now doubting between the terran alliance and the relthoza altho i really really love the directorates ship design (definitly picking up the game)

so who should i pick? and would it be acceptable if i used some directorate ships as stand ins for some of the models i dont like?

terran alliance

bugpeople

ps: last time i made my choice based on looks i ended up with space orks and i love them but i would not have picked them if i had known i needed to paint 100+ models just to start

Just so you know, the Relthoza are a difficult faction to play with, especially for new players. Once you really get their tactics down, they can be quite fearsome. As one of our other memebers once observed, the two questions we've seen quite a lot of on the board about them are: "How do I win with Relthoza?" and "How do I beat Relthoza?"

Terran's are great, though. I play them and they're lots of fun!

I would go Relthoza, personally, because I like the idea of ships with a cool and striking aesthetic. Terran ships are a little too "space-shippy" for me, while Relthozan ships are interesting and unique. Then again, I also quite like the Tarakians and the Teraquai - both of which are pretty space-shppy - so maybe there's something else, too.

If I were you, I would delve into their playstyles and let that guide your choice. The fleets in this game all play radically differently. Your choice of fleet can really make or break the game for you.

I would go Relthoza, personally, because I like the idea of ships with a cool and striking aesthetic. Terran ships are a little too "space-shippy" for me, while Relthozan ships are interesting and unique. Then again, I also quite like the Tarakians and the Teraquai - both of which are pretty space-shppy - so maybe there's something else, too.

If I were you, I would delve into their playstyles and let that guide your choice. The fleets in this game all play radically differently. Your choice of fleet can really make or break the game for you.

ah but you allready gave me a very nice desription of how they play that is why im now doubting between these two fleets, and the question for the directorate fleets was say i picked the terrans but i dont like the look of the frigates could i take some directorate frigates to represent those terran frigates?

ah but you allready gave me a very nice desription of how they play that is why im now doubting between these two fleets, and the question for the directorate fleets was say i picked the terrans but i dont like the look of the frigates could i take some directorate frigates to represent those terran frigates?

I don't really like to do stuff like that. I mean... look, this isn't a WYSIWYG game, but the ships just don't look like they fit. Personally, it would really take me out of the game if I was playing against a Terran fleet and then... what the hell is that? I Directorate frigate? What's that doing there? Ugh.

But if you don't care about being popular with your fellow gamers - or heck, maybe it's just me - go for it. Nobody's going to get up your butt about it.

Yet again, it totally depends on your player group. Some may let you sub ships and some may not. But if you branch out from that group, you may be in trouble. Seriously thug, why not just go wight he Directorate if you like their look so much? They have very interesting play styles and are IMHO one of the most entertaining races to play in the "you'll never know what to expect between the cloaks, stealth systems, biohazard and corrosive ammo, and genetically enhanced mutated marines" sort of way. 

I decided for Directorate based on looks in the last edition...they were **** then and still I had no regrets. They are very good in this edition if you learn how to play them. They are not hard hitters like Terrans or sneaky fleet like Relthoza, but they have their own dirty tricks they can use to great effect. I would not change them for any other fleet as I love those models.