Druss

Sorylain Collective My Journey

I color-coded my Infinity ALEPH models. Shades of grey bodysuits, silver gear, and then different spot colors based on their role: red for warband, orange for heavy and medium infantry, yellow for the light infantry, green for the support and bots, blue for skirmishers and drop troops, purple for leadership and HQ troops. It's a neat effect.

But I don't really play Infinity these days, so... maybe I'll have to re-use the "colors of the rainbow = jobs" scheme somewhere...

Ok finished the next two steps the gray high lighting and the gray wash. also done the white noise lines and the battle damage on those lines, what you guys think?  For the heavy cruiser i am intending to do something special, well special for me. which compared to most of the painters on this form my work in still low level , but i am trying hard even after 25 years of painting lol.

f5e8b68d-3166-4f07-9b12-51006662e785.jpg

67e564d1-6925-46ab-85e8-32d5a9d7267d.jpg

The grey high lights are not showing very well in photo sorry

But what i think i am good at is conversion work. Ok hear is something i have been working on for a while i want to see what you think.

As i have studied aircraft engineering in university i relay have problem with space carriers having Launch decks i don't know why they just feel wrong. so hear is my take on the carrier.

idea is they launch out of tubes from the front of the craft and get tracker beamed back in the ship under the ship throw the hanger doors

8375724e-ad49-47f9-9d77-b2f2fa1d4201.jpg309e101b-8292-4a37-85f7-219ee6f1a6e1.jpg

And with some paint on and bit more plastic work etc

1d373168-f30e-4e55-a8a9-d8b508dac4f9.jpg

I still have lot more paint work to do as it only got base coats on at moment

But what i think i am good at is conversion work. Ok hear is something i have been working on for a while i want to see what you think.

As i have studied aircraft engineering in university i relay have problem with space carriers having Launch decks i don't know why they just feel wrong. so hear is my take on the carrier.

idea is they launch out of tubes from the front of the craft and get tracker beamed back in the ship under the ship throw the hanger doors

8375724e-ad49-47f9-9d77-b2f2fa1d4201.jpg309e101b-8292-4a37-85f7-219ee6f1a6e1.jpg

And with some paint on and bit more plastic work etc

1d373168-f30e-4e55-a8a9-d8b508dac4f9.jpg

I still have lot more paint work to do as it only got base coats on at moment

I totally agree on the utter nonsense of having runways in space……

In the past I have used my FA miniatures for another game, and used the Morning Star class as assault carriers, simply because the model fits that role perfectly.

Due to its boxy shape it has way more volume than its size at first glance suggests, providing ample room for both attack craft and a sizeable ground force.

For operating its attack craft the model has a large prow launch bay, and for recovery it has two large topside access doors located just in front of its engines (and some additional smaller access doors located at its underside).

For deploying its ground force it has topside docking space large enough too transport half a dozen heavy dropships externally, and its dorsal superstructure has doors that enable access to that docking space.

And to top it of it has a large gun battery to deliver orbital fire support with, conveniently located opposite its docking space so it can deliver fire support without exposing its docking space to fire from the battlefield beneath.

It’s the perfect assault carrier ;)

But if you want to use it as a fleet carrier, and don’t need that external docking space to transport non FTL capable craft to large to fit inside, then covering up those “runways” is a good plan imo, I just wouldn’t have covered up those nice aft access doors like you did.

The conversion certainly looks good though! :)

I'm a bit late to the topic, but I must say I'm impressed and inspired by your effortsI I particularly like your subtle update to the new frigate model, and may pay homage with a similar conversion when I start on the new frigate.

Also, those are some of the best executed Sorylian cruisers I've yet seen!

Wow! to think i would be too far "out there" if i used an orange paint scheme. These look awesome. i like the Yellow too. I was thinking of using a orange scheme that is seen in nature on Salamanders. Like this Northern Red Salamander.

Northern%20Red%20Salamander.jpg

Too crazy?

Thanks,

Clint

Those are great; not only is the orange very well executed, but seems very suitably reptilian. I love the geometric shapes too. It seems a nod to the engineering background of the Sorylians.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading the forthcoming tutorial.