Sign in to follow this  
ElectricPaladin

Visuals for the Races of the Aquan Sebrutan

We only know of the most numerous or otherwise "important" species. Apparently seas of the galaxy crawl with intelligence and the Sebrutan is comprised of many different species. Hell, they've went and engineered the Illosians (which didn't turn out as they hoped it would...) so they can actively ADD species....

Anyway, we have:

Tritoni- which look a bit like a mix between asari and frog-people apparently (attractive enough to cross-breed with humans, though that's nto saying much as humans prove to be willing to mate with anything).

Cserani- giant squid/octopus people.

Kruth, krith and whatnots, a group of crustacean subspecies ranging from large armored crabfolk to small and dextrous shrimpfolk...

And finally the Delphi, possibly bipedal and amphibious cetacean folks, who apparently visited Terra back when humanity was just bunch of slightly bald apes.

That's the Terquai. Or any humans who decided to implant gills (I think, from the few snippets we have, both genetic and purely cybernetic mods are quite availible and high quality in FA universe, just that some races like humans tend not to use them as much for cultural or whatever reasons. It's said Aquan species make an extensive use of mods, not as much as the crazy directorate of course)

SO humans don't like to genetically modify themselves, but hybrid children are just fine?

Besides if this has a cultural reason, why? And isn't this already contradicted because the "crazy directorate" do it. ;) Also, if Aquans don't see that much difficulty with it, couldn't humans who join the Aquans simply undergo threatment? What about their children?

Tritoni and Delphi are capable of almost indefinite air breathing so there's really no need for them to genetically modify themselves - they can already survive just fine.

The Terqaui are, by fluff, supportive of the laws and order of nature. They're very spiritual and believe in being one with their environment. I just can't see them jumping on the Directorate GMO/Monsato corporate evil plan. Some call them space hippies but I think it would be more accurate that their culture is more in line with almost stereotypical views of Native North American or even a more Taost/Zen culture. They're not that peace loving for one thing - they're some of the finest assaulters in the galaxy! (beware the Terqaui Ninja... )

Zak

The tritoni and delphi can breathe air normally, or in water? Both fish and men breathe air, just the way they do it is different. ;)

the Terqaui seek to be one with their environment, and what if some of them seek to alter their environment in such a way that becoming one with it is more suitable for them? Or do they keep things they way they are because they believe the artificial way of doing so is wrong (meaning that they simply let nature take its course)?

Tritoni are amphibious- they CAN breathe air via lungs, and they can breathe via gills (or some sort of mixed organ), but they prefer to remain moist. Delphis are essentially cetaceans, so they have to breathe air and can remain on land for very long time. Don't even ask how that happened, it's magic of space opera :P

As for cybernetics- there's a difference between unobtrusive mods like replacement heart or improved eyeballs and full-on armored spine and lasers in the hand that Directorate does. Again, we don't have many details, but aquans and directorate are the most likely to use mods (aquans cause their tech is partially biotech based so they don't *mind* fiddling with bodies, directorate cause evil scientis). As for hybdrids, we don't know how most humans treat them. Oh, Dindrenzi are also more liely to use cybernetics than the Terrans, cause they often live in harsh enviroments. I imagine terrans mostly see visible mods as crude.

Something I found for a rpg long ago, cant remember where I got it exactly, sorry

Anyone else think of Gungans from Star Wars? Jar-Jar anyone?  :D

Sorry the who? I must have suppressed that horrible memory.  All jokes aside, fluff-wise, the are nothing like Gumglubs seeing as how those reminded me of frogs...not fish or mermen.

Zak

ps. Lucas can burn for the prequels ;)

ps. Lucas can burn for the prequels

It's only further proof Lucas himself is dungbeetle tier, all that was good in Star Wars came from people hitting him on the head for being dumb with the material. The curse of too popular to obey the editor strikes again (it was the same with Weber and Oh No John Ringo...though they of course have much lesser impact).

It's only further proof Lucas himself is dungbeetle tier, all that was good in Star Wars came from people hitting him on the head for being dumb with the material. The curse of too popular to obey the editor strikes again (it was the same with Weber and Oh No John Ringo...though they of course have much lesser impact).

And Rowling *hides*  :ph34r:

How about Xindi-Aquans from Star Trek Enterprise?

Second_Xindi_Aquatic_Countdown.jpg

They always seemed dead-on to me. In the one or two times their ships appear, they look exactly the same with similar kind of structure and always took damage, how I thought they would with venting and crystalisation of liquids. Also their motives seem to be very similar by acting "for the greater good". I'll try and find the clip in which we see their ships fight.

Edit see 3 min mark of this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AxBseb_TgAg