Sign in to follow this  
Cujo8-1

Are Federated States Forces the Weakest?

I'm genuinely surprised I haven't seen this topic before...

Been playing Armoured Clash for almost a year now. I really love the mechanics. I have a goodly amount of FSA plus two Canadian Regiments (I love the Huntsman tanks with their High Velocity capability).

However, I have consistently been getting my butt handed to me by the Covenant of Antarctica as well as the French and even the Prussians/Belgians. It just seems that the other factions are incredibly overpowered and the FSA is not. It appears they throw incredibly large amounts of dice and their defensive values are better overall. We even have people come to the table and say they like the looks of the FSA forces, but they hear they are terrible.

Anyone else thinking this way and if so...what is the solution to balance it out a little more?

Thanks!

The FSA have beaten my Prussians more often than not - say 60/40.

They out range the Prussians fairly dramatically and those darn John Henry's really tear up Pfilchs and Geiers. My wins have come when my FSA opponent was forced to close with me to seize objectives otherwise they sit back and shoot me to death.

I play EotBS and my regular opponent plays FSA. Have to say I don't find them weak, especially the Washington (bane of my life killing them). The rapid manoeuvrability of the FSA makes set-piece assaults against them painful, as the relocate so easily. And move and fire artillery with target designators matches even the feared EotBS Artillery power.