Sign in to follow this  
Bunnahabhain

How many turns do your games normally last?

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

for us the game is usually decided at turn 4 ( although when time permits we can spend another 4 turns trying to sink or board the few stragellers )

we no longer play fleet orders and dont know of many who still do - cant quite see why the dreds + battleships would stop firing just because a few mediums had sunk

We play until Victory has been achieved by one side, using the Win Condition rules of the game - Fleet Orders. :)

Hope that helps? :rolleyes:

d ;)

So...as we play it here (play semi-rarely due to conflicting work schedules so we "streamline" a few rules to go a little faster, and you know actually LEARN the rules bit by bit) to utter annihilation of one side?

----

about 5 turns unless we want to call it and either play another game.

Our games tend to go to at least 4 turns, and are often not anywhere near decided until then. My group employs a lot of maneuver and use of terrain, and there can be turns spent jockeying for position with minimal fire traded.

Plus, I play Russians, and sometimes you just can't get close enough in 3 turns. 

It is interesting, 66% of games last 3-4 turns and another 10% of players usually have to finish before the end. I hope next campaign book will reflect that and there will be couple of scenarios lasting 4 turns max. Please :-) Delboy, have you super power to arrange this? :-)

I rarely see a game, that is not finished by turn 3. We play from about 700 to 1000 points, normaly with fleet orders (if we don´t forget to roll them - then we play the default order 70%).

5-6 turns, then random game length kicks in

One thing I have noticed (at least in my games) is that this tends to be a bit long - usually, by turn 4, one fleet has taken a mauling and the other is stil going good. Turns 5+ usually see the more intact fleet proceeding to cement their VP advantage if the objectives aren't met by that point.

But that just could be me - I tend to either win big or lose big

We play unsually more than 5 turns.

Because the fractions are well balanced it is not possible to see a trend before the 5th turn.

In generell a DW game lasts very long. We play usually more than 4 hours!