Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Menacingeye

So I decided my Patriot needed some headlights...

First off, sweet LED implementation! Love this kind of stuff personally :). I do not know what frequency of LEDs you used however, to me they feel slightly too "neon" for the 1870's. Perhaps is they are replaceable you could find some yellowish frequency LEDs as well (~400nm wavelength).

I might go do the same thing with my prussian tesla weaponry, blue shining coils everywhere!

regards,

Mortaal

Thanks guys! 

@Mortaal: The kit I picked up did come with a set of Yellow LEDs I was worried that they would be too yellow, but maybe I'll put them in just to see for sure.

I'll try to take some pictures today of how I did it.

That just makes me feel more like being in the 1870! What you could try to do as well is put a 300-1000 ohm resistor between each of the LED wires. This will greatly dim the intensity of the light of your LEDs might you feel they are too bright currently. I also think that will tone down the yellow a little.

I really love this colour though!

God now I want to start an FSA army with those infantry boys too :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.