Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhu Carl

Project Log - KoB Vs. CoA

Back in March, I painted some minis for my brother-in-law's birthday. He liked them enough that it convinced him he'd like to play a miniature game. After a few months of back and forth and looking over rulesets (And figuring out which minis we like best) we settled on Armoured Clash (KoB for me, CoA for him)! 

He's left the actual painting to me so the project is currently:

• One CoA Armoured Brigade Box
  • Two Icarus Fliers
  • One Epicurus Sky Fortress
  • One KoB Armoured Brigade Box
  • Two Hawk Rotors (I already had these simply because I like how they look)
  • Whatever units I decide to get next month as a b-day gift to myself 

He's also given me license to go hog wild with the terrain, so my first decision was basing. Given the nations we'd be playing I decided to go with an Australian outback theme.

I'm horrible at remembering to take WiP pictures, so enjoy some of the models I've finished so far!

First up is the Arronax for CoA:

Arronax1

Arronax2

I couldn't resist some OSL for the open maw (my first attempt):

Arronax3

I have no idea if he's going to name his big units, but I know I am!

HMLS King Richard I

Richard I Mk1

Richard I Mk2

Richard I Mk3

Tomorrow, I should be wrapping up a battery of Cromwells and their Steward HQ tank!

I really like the brown camo on your Kob! And the Arronax is gorgeous!

Thanks! For the KoB, I'm using Reaper's Redstone Triad - I was hoping it be slightly more red, but it still works.

Tune in (hopefully) tomorrow for a CoA Artillery Extravaganza!

No real update tonight, but instead have a tip!

If you use weathering pigments and alcohol as a fixer. Make sure you remember to varnish the models BEFORE applying pigment and fixer.

Otherwise, you might find yourself stripping and repainting nine pieces of artillery....  :(

OK, between accidentally stripping artillery pieces, a flat tire, and wasting time getting it replaced, this week has kind of cratered my painting morale. Fortunately, I did get some little things done - little tanks to be precise.

First up, the Terriers and Engineer tokens:

Ironclads and Tokens

And the Xenophon walkers:

Xenophons

I'm thinking the Callimachus is up next.

I've fallen behind massively because I've been participating in NaNoWriMo, but I'd at least finished the Callimachus!

Mk.I Top:

Callimachus Mk.I

Mk.II Top:

Callimachus Mk.II

I've also gotten an Illustrious for my own army. Because it's not like I have enough to do already!

Long time no updates!

Actually, I don't even have much of an update at all. I got sidetracked painting a miniature Santa and Krampus for a Christmas village and only got a few TFTs done. Now, everything's packed up to get taken to my brother-in-law's place for our first games this week.

One thing I did figure out, though, is a transportation solution for flying models.

Airship Transportation

The mat is called a 'TechTrap' (although I'm sure any elastic organizer - such at Grid-It - would work). It's meant for holding cables and gadgets while travelling, but the spacing of the bands means the models are very stable.