Bishop084

Official Zenian League Thread: Rense System Navy

Yay!

Seconded! I really, really wanted the RSN Battleship and Dreadnought to be stronger than they were...

The RSNs ship designs are my very favorites within the game, Especially the Spectre Battleship. I guess it's natural that I would want my favorite model in the game to be among the best. (Or, at least, better than it is.) Looking forward to an increase in it's lethality, haha.

The double-prow look of the RSN larges (so reminiscent of stuff from Gundam in my mind - the Spectre reminds me of the Argama) was really what drew me to the faction. I'm very glad to hear that apparently underwhelming models are getting stepped up (in Dystopian Wars I decided right from the off I really liked the Plato and Nakatsu cruisers and pre-rebalance Fresnel aesthetically, which made my early games with COA and EOBS a bit tricky.)

My friends gave me an interesting idea. I started getting interest into battle fleet gothic when it was just snuffed out and bought up to 18 firestorm frigates when the store clearances everything. I have no other use for them and my friend said I should use them for my RSN fleet. Given they are roughly the same size almost. Though our fleet is smooth featured. I feel like the ships may still find a home in the RSN fleet. Thoughts?

So thats what you have now? Or are those the options you ask for?

Honestly i would rather start a new fleet or add in some allied ships, you have everything needed for the RSN. Maybe for certain tactics you could get a second carrier.

I have to stay, I now understand mostly what everyone has been saying about them.  The Spectre definitely seemed a bit underwhelming for the point cost, it didn't really do much the entire game other than damaging a single Terran Cruiser.  The Bulwarks were... ok, I guess - they were pretty badly out-ranged by the Terran Frigates and dropped pretty quickly, but maybe I wasn't aggressive enough with them.

The Spooks... ho-ly cow; my Spooks cleaned HOUSE.  One round they took out an entire squadron of Frigates, then over two more rounds they annihilated a Cruiser Squadron.  By the time my opponent realized what they were capable of it, it was too late.  I ended up losing only one at the end of the game.  As a Dindrenzi player, I'm used to Terrans laughing off my attacks with their stupid shields ><.  With Torpedo Spook... who's laughing NOW? :D

So anyway, I'm thinking of placing an order and getting some Cerberus, A Banshee (to replace the Spectre when I want a pure RSN force) and some Sirens.  Any other suggestions? I'm also planning to update my Dindrenzi fleet with a Dreadnought, but that's for another forum.

As a Dindrenzi player, I'm used to Terrans laughing off my attacks with their stupid shields ><.

Uhh, as a Dindrenzi player, I have to say I found that in my experience, Terran shields are about as resilient as wet toilet paper, maybe it's just me :huh:

Anyway, glad to see you had fun with the RSN, if you like the Spooks, wait to get you're hands on the Cerberus.

Playing the frigates is tricky, ask any Directorate player for advice on them, their frigates are the same stats just with a squad limit of 3.  The trick to the Bulwark/Enforcer is to either be aggressive and move them up into RB2 ASAP, or play them to the terrain, moving them from cover to cover keeping them hidden and out of fire until you swoop in at RB2 with their full multiple arcs linked allowing to you devastatingly hit entire squadrons (or even multiple squadrons with placement and luck) with one frigate group.   Enjoy the ability to do so while it lasts.

There are new stats for the Spectre currently in the works, as there are for every other core and alliance faction so far.

Thing are going to be very interesting.

*rolls around on the ground twitching*

*recovers*

So, in theory, if someone REALLY wanted to run, oh, I don't know, an RSN Dreadnought and two battleships at 1500 pts, that wouldn't be entirely a terrible idea the way it is using 1.5 rules? (Yes yes I'll use Other things, too, but I already know medium heavy fleets are viable)