Z-Ray

RoF Pacific Fleet

Fantastic painting and detailing on the model! Must have taken a good amount of time, but well worth it!

Out of interest what did you use for the smoke? I know many use iron wool but that looks like you've used something different.

The smoke is woodland scenics clump foiliage for making model trees on a brass rod armature,

you can get in a green so dark it looks black but I already had some in light green so used that soaked in some black ink.

Between the superglue and the ink it dried rock hard and drybrushes up a treat.

Planchet is a person :) not a very important person but then it is for a small model.

The name is just for flavor and to fit in with the naming scheme for  the capitol ships and squadrons.

Wouldn't this one count as a frigate? If so, I believe it is female ("la frégate"). I've tried to find some information on French navy ship names recently, and I definitely saw some female forms, but only for frigates.

I never could get genders in language right and I lived in France for more than a year.

Got it in one! Urial

Escadron Serviteur will be Le Planchet, Grimaud, Mousqueton (or Boniface) and Bazin.

Mediums will be Escadron Mousquetaires: Athos, Porthos and Aramis

and the carrier will be d'Artagan

All part of Battle group Dumas

The Emperor Napoleon may not have been a fan of Dumas but the new President Napoleon is :P

That looks absolutely great! I love all your detail work and the scheme provides nice contrasts without being to stark to each other. 

What sells me the most though, is the little bit of background you've worked in. Please keep painting, you are off to a inspiring start. 

I have to echo the others, realy gorgeous work, the smoke from the funnel is a lovely touch as is the free hand work on the bow. I also like the basing. Looking forward to seeing how the fleet develops.

Wouldn't this one count as a frigate? If so, I believe it is female ("la frégate"). I've tried to find some information on French navy ship names recently, and I definitely saw some female forms, but only for frigates.

yep fregate is female gender, but this name will be male (i know is not easy ^^)

Mousqueton (formerly Boniface) is almost ready, just the freehand left to do

but the ships are in dry dock for the next 10 days as I'm off to check out the great barrier reef by aqualung...in preparation for an assault on Cairns.