Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AsleepByDay

Charging a section with a shaken marker

Hello all, a part of the rulebook seems unclear to me and I was wondering what everyone else thinks:

If a section charges a section that has a shaken marker I understand the process to be as follows:

Section A declares a charge against section B, section B has a shaken marker already.

Section B makes a charge reaction if possible as normal. no it doesn't.

Section A moves and makes a successful charge

Section B takes a moral check, which if it passes all shaken markers are removed and the melee happens as normal.

If section B fails the moral check it gains a shaken marker for failing the check and so it now has 2 of them.

This is where my understanding becomes hazy as the rulebook states that section B gains a second shaken marker and reminds you that any section with three shaken markers is instantly killed.

As I understand it this could be read in one of two ways:

The line refers to the shaken marker gained for failing the moral check so section B should enter the melee with 2 shaken markers

OR

The line suggests that section B should gain a third shaken marker destroying it.

Thoughts?

One thing to your sequence of combat

Rulebook p47: A Section CANNO T make a Charge Reaction if it is already involved in a Melee or if it is carrying any Shaken Markers.

On your actual question I read it like this. The Unit enters the melee with 2 shaken markers if it fails the test unless it already head 2, then it is destroyed. 

I really don't think that Section B would automatically take a 3rd token and be destroyed... Because if that was the case they would have stated it, instead of just saying they take one more token.

If Section B fails the test and so has two markers, then they lose two rounds of combat then they'll gain their third shaken marker making them break.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.