Sign in to follow this  
lordVigo

Once i bought a Vauban.

So, once i bought a Vauban. Quite boring start, don't you think, but it wasn't regular Vauban, assembeld and had couple deffects. It's command section was horribly deform, like it came from warp, belly wings was bent as a middle part and there wasnt one AA gun. Here is exфmple.

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

I wasn't able to restore them, so i decided to change them for somsing different. First i disassemble model, it was hardest part, i even use chisel and carver's mallet, but i secseed (some parts disconnected with pices of other parts). Then was a lot of cutting, sawing, polishing and adjustment, adjustment, adjustment and adjustment.

Finaly i got this.

1a-1.jpg

2a.jpg

5a.jpg

Hope you enjoy it, and, maybе, finde usefull.

You could have mailed Spartan asking for a replacement, my Charlemagne came without that piece at all and they sent me one.

However, I am happy you didn't - because this brought you to building the best Vauban I've ever seen! :)

Congratulations!

I just assemled it, so not painted yet.

Spartans doesn't send packages on physical addresses to Russia. Even if change their policy, it will took about 2 month, it was faster to build it from scratch.

Excellent work. I really like what you have done there. I am tempted to do that for my Vauban which was a good casting.

Please post pictures of it painted, when you have finished it.

that command section looks like a recast.  Bad one at that.  In all my fleets for DW and FSA, I've never ever seen anything in their resin of that poor quality.

But it's nice to see the purse you made of that sow's ear

Yes it's sad, actuly I have some more models with defects, KoB and RoF, mostly metal one, but all of them not even close for that. About week ago I bought RoF Aerial battle group, and there wasn't all metal parts, Frelons and guns, luckily local store replaced all, but they said that there isn't first box with such problem in their last order.

Very, very nice.  And for a half price Vauban?  Major win.  :D

Agreed, a real deal :). Had a problem with the Aerial Battle Group as well... didn't know they don't send parts to Russia :(