Sign in to follow this  
Caine-HoA

Aggressor Class Planetary Dropship Landed (pic heavy)

Hey guys, not exactly FSA but my scenics dropship (6mm-10mm version) landed and ill make a quick review/overview of what you get as soon as i find the time.

Here are my first impressions:

If the box is this big...

gallery_47_599_438550.jpg

I was surprised its all out of acrylic, but i didnt even try to find out what it is made out of.

Ah nice thats how a Base of a 40cm Scenic Spaceship looks next to a FSA Dreadnought.

gallery_47_599_463902.jpg

HELP! Yes there is some help in form of a construction manual.

Didnt take the time to look through or sort the pieces so i cant say if its "easy to build as mention on the outside of the box.

Minor letdown was that i already noticed a small damage on one of the parts, shouldnt be too bad when its sprayed with foundation colour, but you can seen it.

(macro photo might follow when i go on with this.

gallery_47_599_16869.jpg

Thats it for now with my first impressions.

Couldnt leave it at that and tried a first building process. Yes i think i see where it is heading to!

gallery_47_599_368525.jpg

If you try out and think about it logically the building process works with the manual, a weak part is that it just "adds" parts at the underside without properly showing which.

However its doable.

Next steps i think will be taking it apart again, glue two damaged parts and spray it with primer. (Maybe at the weekend)

And here we go on:

Primed and started to build.

gallery_47_599_501486.jpg

Continued at post #3 because i couldnt add more images.

After the initial shock about so many part the ship actually IS easy to build. Here we have a final size comparison with two FSA Dreadnoughts.

(oh and i just noticed there is a toe of a 175mm miniture as well, sry about that)

gallery_47_599_209187.jpg

Top view. Also you can see that i have to clip one of the pannels at the front again.

Half of it holding without glue at the moment and its pretty stable. Only the inner parts are glued.

gallery_47_599_407161.jpg

A different perspective.

gallery_47_599_203819.jpg

Close up on the back. The whole thing is pretty well desinged for only beeing a bunch of pannels. The outer ones cover the inner structure very well overall.

gallery_47_599_361377.jpg

And another close up. You could fill the "connector gaps" with green stuff but i dont think i will do that, looks fine like it is.

gallery_47_599_428173.jpg

This is the 6mm/10mm version but in my opinion you could use it as a 28mm scenery as well (shown mini is actually 35mm from head to bottom of the base) because the only hint how big it is are the doors and one could walk through it. So maybe not fitting 100% but not disturbingly wrong either.

gallery_47_599_135349.jpg

Thats it for now. Overall im like what i got, not sure how i will use it because i dont play at home and its not that easy to transport. Although i dont think it will get damaged easily its pretty big. So fo all who are looking for some great scenery i think you can invest in it. Maybe ill also create a planet killer scenario for Firestorm Armada using it as a HUGE prototype weapon ala the death star.

WOW! I would never, ever imagine that it was made from acrylic parts! I tought it would be a heavy and nice chunk of resin!!! Amazed....

BTW, this poses a very nice challenge... can you imagine leaving some parts transparent and model some interior detail? That would be awesome...

Must... resist... the urge... to... buy... one... Arrrrrgh!!!!

Cheers

Arcubalis

I sprayed the foundation on the completely unassabled parts. Im not sure when i will "finish" this because im unsure what/how i wanna go on painting it. At the moment it looks not bad so probably i wont do that very soon and rather go on painting my other ships/fleets first.

Hi there,

I just got spartan scenics for my store. I found no problem assembling the HDF terrain, but when I come to the dropship it was made of acrylic same as yours in the picture. I found almost all of the slots are too tight to another and I found it hard to work with.

do you have any suggestion for assembling this beautiful drop ship?

thank you

It is some time ago since i built it, but i dont remember having this as a problem with the dropship. I guess a file is the best solution. Probably its only a very thin layer of material that has to be taken off.

How is this designed to be used?  Is it actually used in the FSA game?  It seems too big to be practical.  I could almost see it being used in 25mm scale, but then it seems like an awful lot of trouble for basically a transport.

How is this designed to be used?  Is it actually used in the FSA game?  It seems too big to be practical.  I could almost see it being used in 25mm scale, but then it seems like an awful lot of trouble for basically a transport.

This is a 6mm/10mm version. Its a dropship on Planetfall scale and more or less just meant as terrain. I just had the chance to pick it up at a low price at that time and was interested to take a look.

There also is a 28mm version of it.