c0rruptd

Russian Expansion Box

A drill battleship?

There's a pretty obscure film I saw a while back that had DW style super-tech warships including a ship with prow drills, Super Atragon.

Worth checking out if you want some pulp-y super tech warship action.

That ship or one with a simmilar name flys into the odd godzilla flick

That ship or one with a simmilar name flys into the odd godzilla flick

It's not impossible it's a spin off!

As an aside, the idea of a Heavy Frigate intrigues me. The Novgorod is pretty tasty - will this be a baby Suvurov so the Russians have a second non-frisbee small?

It's not impossible it's a spin off!

As an aside, the idea of a Heavy Frigate intrigues me. The Novgorod is pretty tasty - will this be a baby Suvurov so the Russians have a second non-frisbee small?

the spinning ship from godzilla final wars

i think the heavy frigate will probably be an up armoured version of the destroyer but with a ram like our td

Its not that hard to figure out. ;)

Its got a whopping big drill on the front, and Mortars of every flavour...........

So placing yourself in the Dystopian Mindset...... the Russians move towards an ice shelf, smash it into manageable chunks using precision Mortar Fire [......precision???] that would have levelled the walls of Jericho in a few barrages......then grind the remnants into mush....... only to draw their power it into itself to spew out as......wait for it.....Icebergs! :ph34r:

Totally bonkers, and very Russian in feel.

:D

Must... Have... Giant... Sea-drill!!!

This thing sounds amazing. I hope it ends up looking like a horizontal Vorkuta (with gaping maw for iceberg and enemy ship 'acquisition' on the front) covered in mortars... :P

Must... Have... Giant... Sea-drill!!!

This thing sounds amazing. I hope it ends up looking like a horizontal Vorkuta (with gaping maw for iceberg and enemy ship 'acquisition' on the front) covered in mortars... :P

Its nice to know that we care enough about the enviroment to recycle the enemy ships to replace our armor  :P

Its nice to know that we care enough about the enviroment to recycle the enemy ships to replace our armor  :P

I now have an image of the Icebreaker plowing over a frigate, and moments later engineers scuttling over the sides with suspiciously-familiar looking sheets of (somewhat dented) metal and riveting them to the sides... :P

Very cautiously optimistic over the new models, but very prepared to be disappointed just like the update which was a big let down. Also what happened to the play tester notes in a week like 3 weeks ago -_-

Its not that hard to figure out. ;)

Its got a whopping big drill on the front, and Mortars of every flavour...........

So placing yourself in the Dystopian Mindset...... the Russians move towards an ice shelf, smash it into manageable chunks using precision Mortar Fire [......precision???] that would have levelled the walls of Jericho in a few barrages......then grind the remnants into mush....... only to draw their power it into itself to spew out as......wait for it.....Icebergs! :ph34r:

Totally bonkers, and very Russian in feel.

:D

I really wanted a Frisbee battleship, but this sounds too awesome to pass up!

And on our 'fix', this is going to be a tough one to determine, as we have just got a v2 of most of our units... Personally, I think it may be the Peset's, as they need a bit of loving, and I noticed that they got no change in the v2 PDF...

So, whats everyone elses thoughts, dream and wild speculations?  ^_^

Is the v2 PDF you are referring to the fleet guide in the downloads section?

So many mortars!!! :D

Also, which way is forwards on those frigates...? I am thoroughly confused!  :lol:

If you look closely, I believe end with the mortar closest to it is the front since it looks like a command bridge.

If you look closely, I believe end with the mortar closest to it is the front since it looks like a command bridge.

That would make sense, but why would the Heavy Frigates be perpendicular to all the other models...?  :blink:

Too much of the engineer's reactor enhanced vodka?

Now that you mention it, I could certainly see the Russians building a ship sideways after a few too many za vas's with the aforementioned reactor distilled vodka. :P

YES! Called it with the sheaf fire mortars. Love seeing more of this on the naval front. Oh the havoc it reeks with frigates. Mwahaha!

The heavy frigates look like normal frigates that were left out in the sun a bit too long. An interesting shape for sure, but I still like em. Just need a medium and a large pancake ship now, but I'll settle for double the Russian flapjack fury for now. : P

If you want a circular  large, try prizing a CoA flying Saucer....

I plan on it, as I believe Markov could certainly make some improvements to it... Much like the Daedalus\Tunguska improvement... ;)

long range firepower through mortars and sheaf fire seems awesome and just what the doctor ordered. Look so much forward to this box, expect them to give RC players som diversity and different way of play, which is what i hoped for as soon as I saw the playtester's notes for KoB and PE who both got a different way to engage the enemy. Can't wait for the stats of these mortars and list building with these new models! and ramming with that icebreaker just seems like too good to be true, nothing should be able to withstand that, must have hullbreaker+ or something, no ship should be able to absorb that monster... :)

I agree, the Khatanga has to have Hullbreaker, the MAR just suits it to a tee! Especially the 'ignoring Treacherous Terrain' component of it, seeing as it is an Icebreaker...  :lol: