Sailion

What new stuff will we get?

BattleCruiser:

I think thats kind of a typo. 3 Lancettes is more likely to appear on the ship. 

Battleship:

In the description it says "experimental Heat Lance". I guess thats the same as on the Land ship (1D3x DR) which gives the battleship 3-5x DR. 

I'm really interested in the additional gunnery. Broadsides seem quite obvious, but what else...

I also hope for Retardant Armor and a Could-Gen for the battleship. But I think the Generator is a bit too much for it (also because it may be able to hide in the clouds)

And a CAP of 4 would be quite cool too. 

Corvettes:

The Corvettes look very interessting, having no weapons at all. I guess 2AP + Dash and Elane for 20P

These new models are wonderfull ! all of them !

Do we have any information about the "Sautiller" generator ?

Cloud or no cloud generator onthe battleship ? Battleship and cruiser will surely have retardant armor, but cloud gen is a heavy contribution to our toughness...

Yes, Delboy explained that on top of page 3, present discussion :).

Also, the RoF get a new form of generator which I really like - it allows for pop-up attacks with Surface Skimmer squadrons, basically giving these vessels the ability to rise up to be flyers for their activation, shoot at targets that were trying to shelter behind other vessels, then drift down behind the protection of terrain and/or other models......

Under present testing its a subtle effect that manifests itself on the tabletop with many interesting tactical options - not least to hurt/weaken enemy lurking boarding threats. Very much a thinking player's generator, very French in style.

So I don't think the La Rochelle will get the Cloud Generator, too. But the Skimmer and Retardant Armour would be enough for me :).

Delboy also told us about "a Battle Cruiser with 3xHeat Lancettes"... don't know if that has changed or the website pages simply has a typo. We'll see.

For the Requin, maybe 2 AP and Elite Crew? 3AP and Elite Crew would be heaven, of course. We can only wait... but nothing can prevent me from dreaming ;).

Love the new models, though.

The PDF they released says Lancettes for the Cherbourg.  I was thinking that 3 Lances would be far too much. :)

...wait, what .PDF?!?

EDIT, found it :).

The armaments have been clarified :)

HI Guys

Just a bit of clarification for the new Republique of France Attack Flotiila........

The ships are armed with the following weapons

Experimental Battleship La Rochelle

1 x Fore Experimental Heat Lance (S)

1 x Aft Heat Lancette (S)

P/S Broadsides

Cherbourg Battle Cruiser

3 x Heat Lancette (S)

P/S Broadsides (S)

Spartan Ben

Anyone else notice that the skimming battleship has a launcher come out of its side for TFT? Its a skimming battleship covered in Heat Lances (Lancette) that launches flyers.

And there i was thinking I was done with the french and moving on to the FSA.

If the Cherbourg BC has three heat lancettes, of what use is the Toulon?

Perhaps you can attach a Cherbourg to a squadron of Toulons? It's not much more damage than a pair of Cherbourgs would put out if both got into range, but it's presumably more resilient.

I think some people have also mentioned that the lancettes on the Cherbourg and the La Rochelle look different to the current silhouette that we are used to.  Its blind conjecture, but as the Toulon is the model we are having a Mk2 redesign for it is plausible that it might be getting a weapon upgrade as part of the deal.

I would rather indrease the broadsides (for example to 10-7-5-3) and the CC to 4 (a small squad lacking surface skimmer needs protection from torpedos) . RoF already has enough heat weapons and is still getting more. What we lack is solid naturally high AD ordnance.

What do You think about the experimental heat lance? I hope it has higher range.

I'm hoping the fleet gets some sort of ranged boost in the updated bits. Not saying I don't love the new ships (too sexy for their shirts and all that), but a little boost to our RB3-4 oomph wouldn't go amiss. Maybe better turrets on the Charlemagne and Magentas? They'll certainly need something to remain competitive against the other full national fleets.

And what's the scoop on the Sautiller Generator? Translation I get is "hop/skip/jump" or something like that. At best that could mean a short distance displacement across the table. (Mini TDO effect plus exHL and Lancette FTW!) At worst it just lets you skim over the top of bigger things than GNE might normally allow. (Meh.)

And what's the scoop on the Sautiller Generator?

I think it is the Generator Delboy mentioned earlier in this thread

Also, the RoF get a new form of generator which I really like - it allows for pop-up attacks with Surface Skimmer squadrons, basically giving these vessels the ability to rise up to be flyers for their activation, shoot at targets that were trying to shelter behind other vessels, then drift down behind the protection of terrain and/or other models......

I'm hoping the fleet gets some sort of ranged boost in the updated bits. Not saying I don't love the new ships (too sexy for their shirts and all that), but a little boost to our RB3-4 oomph wouldn't go amiss. Maybe better turrets on the Charlemagne and Magentas? They'll certainly need something to remain competitive against the other full national fleets.

And what's the scoop on the Sautiller Generator? Translation I get is "hop/skip/jump" or something like that. At best that could mean a short distance displacement across the table. (Mini TDO effect plus exHL and Lancette FTW!) At worst it just lets you skim over the top of bigger things than GNE might normally allow. (Meh.)

Sadly, I don't think the RoF is being allowed long-range firepower at the moment. The design cues all point towards greater RB1-2 firepower, between the discussions over what people want from the Epaulard, the fact that the corvettes are boarding-only, and the raw number of heat-lances, lancettes, and other changes we're seeing. The good news is, no change on the Epaulard, so we've still got that and our other existing solutions for RB3/4, as much as that isn't huge.

We do have long range firepower, i.e. Chevalier, Epaulard and the mortar tower. Voltaire and Tourbillon also perform reasonable at long range. We do not have the FSA and CoA long range firepower, but we do not need it either. I do not want a French sniper fleet.

To be fair, I wasn't suggesting a sniper _fleet_ - just a longer ranged option. I still don't have a lot of confidence that the Epaulard is going to keep RB4 firepower, I fear that it will be hauled onto the operating table and be made into a "real" submarine with corrosive RB2 Lob-shotting mortars and all. The Chevalier is capped out at RB3 with a narrow window of opportunity on its turrets, it's more "closing" firepower than long ranged. That also is a fine thing, but it isn't long ranged. The mortar tower is a building. While that's great and all, it may not work for everyone. I agree that the Vauban and Tourbilion are sound options at RB4, and I think they are the exceptions to the fleet which is otherwise as I described: very focused on RB1 and 2 (and now more boarding, which is at least new and amusing.)

If the new boarding ships are any good I'm going to have a real big quandary as to how I want to use them.  Direct boarding threat, or hide them at the back and use them to pick apart enemy vessels that have already attempted boarding and thus already have low AP while also salvaging anything I have lost.  I think the later option could be quite good as a boarding deterrence method, thus meaning the big RB1-2 weapon ships actually have a form of artificial boarding countermeasure on top of the high AA to cut boarding numbers down anyway.

As for ship changes, at the moment they appear to only be refitting one ship in each nations fleet.  This means we know that the Toulon is being altered, there is no indication elsewhere that anything else will be changed.  At least not until DW 2.0 comes down the pipeline. 

Unfortunately the mortar tower only works reaosnable for air fleets, because even small ships block its LOS.

As for ship changes, at the moment they appear to only be refitting one ship in each nations fleet.  This means we know that the Toulon is being altered, there is no indication elsewhere that anything else will be changed.  At least not until DW 2.0 comes down the pipeline. 

cough... Magenta... cough