Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSA Michael

Good terrain for DL?

I still really don't think that the height of DL models makes the terrain built for any other game an issue.

I know all the players at my LGS use the exact same terrain for Warhammer, Warmachine, Infinity, Malifaux, Anima Tactics, Dystopian Legions, and Flintloque with no complaints. The only times people use other sets of terrain is when they're playing DW, Flames of War, Warmaster, or Dropzone Commander.

The size distance between all of these decently big models are truly negligible imo. The only way you can tell is that Warhammer models look significantly less proportional and when you get down on the level inspecting the difference when you set the models back to back with each other. I personally think my FSA look just fine interspersed in my IG army. they just make all my GW models look worse by being in their proximity.

I compared the FSA APC to the GW IG one the level of detail was about the same, which was surprising.

Certainly however DL's 'true scale' models look nicer to me than heroic scale ones.

On topic, just about any 28mm terrain will work fine with DL models.

Excitingly spartan will be releasing some terrain as part of their spartan scenics range, until then you can improvise with some boxes of various sizes.

Useful link, scenery wise i have been using the laser cut mdf buildings i found on ebay, I believe the company is Arcane Scenery that makes them. They are quality kits and you get some great victorian style buildings
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gas-Lamp-Alley-VICTORIAN-WAREHOUSE-MDF-scale-Building-28mm-/181193370458?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2a2ff76b5a#ht_1176wt_842

which fit pretty damn close, I can't wait till spartan do something similar.

The kits i picked up were from here though after a little searching.

http://www.4ground.co.uk/Default.aspx?page=289

Sarrisa do some very good stuff. Laser cut MDF, also check out 4Ground, Laser cut and pre-painted. I am putting together a wild west town at the moment, not quite as useful for DL, but the colonial era buildings will fit in with my FSA.

I know this thread is old, 15 months old... But I just came across this Kickstarter that's going to be launching in February.

I think the terrain they have showing leading up to it looks very good. Most MDF terrain that I see is Sci-Fi. This stuff is "warehouse district" MDF terrain, which I think would fit in much better with the Victorian sci-fi setting of Legions.

https://www.facebook.com/events/712039788894192/?source=1

That scenery does look good. I've often thought that an industrial environment would be pretty much perfect for DL but it'd require so much scenery to be convincing. Personally I make all my own DL scenery for the sake of scale and because I think it's a bit cheaper (would prefer to save the money for the actual soldiers) but occasionally I am tempted.

Don't mean to suddenly pop up after a prolonged radio silence by the by but I've been distracted by World War 2 stuff lately (and finishing off my PhD...) I ought to pop up some photos of my own scenery when I get the chance. It'd be interesting to kick a few ideas around about finding or possibly even building good Dystopian scenery.

I tried building my own terrain (buildings) back in high school... It did not turn out well no matter how long I tried to fix my attempts up...

I guess I should try it again now that I'm more than a decade older, and will be able to actually get decent supplies as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.