Sign in to follow this  
MrBPaintjobs

Barrage MAR. Pg 48. Did they leave out a rule?

The Barrage MAR description says that a weapon with this MAR can ignore the usual rule banning it from firing at flying units in RB1, but against other ground models it is -1 to hit.

I have not found ANYWHERE in the book where it says that in RB1 Flying and Ground cannot target eachother.

Thoughts?

I'll admit it's a bit hard to find that one, but on p32 final paragraph of "line of sight across different height levels":

"Secondly, if a Unit is making a Ranged Attack against an enemy Unit that is at a different Height Level to the firing Battalion, their Line of Sight is considered to be Blocked if one or more Units in the target Battalion is within Range Band 1 (8”)."

I think that's the one

Gotcha. But what about the example of ground to ground from an elevated piece of terrain? That's not blocked LoS in RB1 right? Where it talks about being 1 size level larger? I would think that LoS from the model on the ground level to the model on the elevated terrain would be blocked, but not the other way around... but I have a feeling the rules don't say what I am thinking about that.

Bit late on this....

Shooting another ground unit within 8" on an elevated piece of terrain shouldn't be a problem because it isn't at another height level, it just counts as a size category larger for the purposes of LOS (rulebook p21). The unit on the terrain also wouldn't have a problem.