Sign in to follow this  
Metal Slayer

Questions for those who know...

...hey all, I have a quick question for you all.

I mostly play mini games in the 10mm-12mm size range, but Armoured Clash has caught my attention. What scale is, this? 3mm?  I always thought that the Dystopian Wars miniatures looked awesome, but I am not a huge fan of the navy/air type games. However, dozens of tanks battling it out in a battlefield sounds awesome.

I'm thinking of getting two starter packs, can any land minis from the Dystopian Wars be used, or is there a limited number of minis that can be used for this game? I see they have their own section in the online store, so I am thinking that maybe everything isn't compatible between the two games?

...hey all, I have a quick question for you all.

I mostly play mini games in the 10mm-12mm size range, but Armoured Clash has caught my attention. What scale is, this? 3mm?  I always thought that the Dystopian Wars miniatures looked awesome, but I am not a huge fan of the navy/air type games. However, dozens of tanks battling it out in a battlefield sounds awesome.

I'm thinking of getting two starter packs, can any land minis from the Dystopian Wars be used, or is there a limited number of minis that can be used for this game? I see they have their own section in the online store, so I am thinking that maybe everything isn't compatible between the two games?

The scale is 1/1200th, meaning that 1 inch = 100ft so a 6ft person would be 6/100ths of 2.54cm or 1.524mm

also, nearly every land mini is in both. AC has more land battle minis that DW, however some air minis and no naval minis exist in AC as of yet.

The scale is 1/1200th, meaning that 1 inch = 100ft so a 6ft person would be 6/100ths of 2.54cm or 1.524mm

also, nearly every land mini is in both. AC has more land battle minis that DW, however some air minis and no naval minis exist in AC as of yet.

I always mess up with scale, lol. Thanks for the answer.

Ok, that is good to know on the minis, I was thinking some air minis would be neat to have. I'm going to read over the rules really good (I just skimmed them) and probably get some starter sets to try out.

I saw some bases had multiple tanks on them, at that scale it is just too small to have single tanks I think. :)

Yeah, both tanks and tiny flyers are multiple minis to a base.  Just like regular DWars.

Hey Slayer, if you're looking for some too scale buildings for AC, I've got some links I have share up.

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/LandIronclads/Terrain.html

They offer nice packs of buildings, especially things like Middle-eastern village packs, great for a desert board and alternative industrial buildings.

http://waterloominis.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_23_39

My only problem here is that they don't have many pictures of the buildings up. :unsure:

http://www.picoarmor.com/pages/products.php?rc=63

Ahhh Pico Armor, they have some interesting stuff, namely trees at the correct scale, and they do resell some of the Brigade Models buildings, nice if you don't want to wait for shipping from the UK.

Thanks for the links, that is awesome! You can't go wrong with terrain in this scale, it is so affordable!!!

I think the massive tank battles will be really nice to setup on a table with a lot of buildings and terrain features like roads/rivers/forests/etc.  Certainly a much better way to have a large battle when you compare to 28mm size minis.

Your welcome!

I most certainly agree!  It's far easier to have a box full of hills and villages on templates than it is having a tub full of 28mm buildings for BM37G or Infinity.  I'm working on hills, ridgelines and mesas right now or at least when work and the weather let me.  :unsure:   Though thanks to work I've got half a cubic foot of pea pebbles to work with.  (boulder fields anyone?)