Sign in to follow this  
Zond

Nation Playstyles

I'm about to jump further into Armoured Clash after playing a few games some months ago. Am I correct in assuming that the nations play the same in AC as they do in a DW land war, or are there any interesting quirks or imbalances to watch out for?

In general, yes, I think.

KoB seem to be medium ranged, and all about the big units keeping the others in the fight (icons and guardians and lysanders).

Russians are short ranged, not that fast, and have some hellish armour on bigger things

French seem to have defensive lines and a few strike units

America have their speed and open arcs

That's about as much as I can tell, haven't done anything with other factions.

Cheers for the rundown. As long as everything plays roughly the same I won't be too thrown when I buy some stuff. I'm definetely getting EotBS to go with my DL troops and because I love the mixed style of air, armor and infantry all in one division.

Then I just need to decide whether to go with Prussians, again to go with my DL models; France because I love the air units and the defensive lines; or CoA for the elite units and board control.

CoA has some interesting quirks with their infantry being able to go subterannean...

EDIT: Oh, and Russians can bring an insane amount of infantry. For their Subterannean Formation, the minimum requirement of infantry (if you choose to bring them - they are not compulsory for the formation), you have to bring a minimum of strength 30. Hear, hear, to letting us use the other infantry token slot to take tokens up to strength 12???