Sign in to follow this  
Lancaster Matt

Moral and Big Units

During our latest game a question arose as to whether multiple kill rated units take disorder checks etc for each damage band that is suffered. 

I found the reference to damaged units taking disorder checks, although it is still not clear. 

As far as I can see, there no reference to this in the rules generally that I can see, the critical hit table which is optional and which we have not chosen to use to date includes a shaken result which brings in the disorder check in respect to this type.(but only if you elect to use the critical table) 

However in the new boarding rules (*Page 38) the very last paragraph of the example refers to the damaged Belerogod land ship taking a disorder test due to damage as a result of the boarding. It is worded in a way that does not suggest this is via the critical hit table result but a normal result of damage and I can see no logic as to why this would only apply to boarding not damage from ranged attacks. 

It is possible that this example is incorrect and the reference not intended although this example was added as an addendum to the original rules to clarify boarding .To my way of thinking the Multiple kill rated units should take a disorder test like all units that lose a casualty otherwise they are completely immune to the affect of morale and will never receive a shaken token (unless you play optional rules), doesn’t seem right to me 

Any Thoughts 

The same issue came up in our games!

We therefore decided, that we use the Critical hit Table, to get something of a balance back into the game.

Even in DW you use Morale tests for the big ones, when they get pounded on!