Sign in to follow this  
Druss

russian large flyer

hello any one got any thoughts of my the Russian large flyer has such weak guns compared to the medium flyer, when medium has only one gun and large has 2 bigger guns on top and 2 and more big guns on bottom. ? in dystopian wars each gun is more power full than the medium flyers single gun. is this I typo ?

any option's

just thought I would ask as it was puzzling me

hello any one got any thoughts of my the Russian large flyer has such weak guns compared to the medium flyer, when medium has only one gun and large has 2 bigger guns on top and 2 and more big guns on bottom. ? in dystopian wars each gun is more power full than the medium flyers single gun. is this I typo ?

any option's

just thought I would ask as it was puzzling me

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying.

First? Do you mean the Zamec PLC sky fortress? This vessel is not russian and uses different technology making any perceived size differences insignificant.. Each gun has it's own copy of the profile leaving you with four individual weapons.

If you mean the Battleship equivalent large flier, it only has three guns and they are more powerful than the medium fliers as far as I know.

The Tunguska turrets are weaker than the Saransk, in both ranges (5 red, 4 blue upper and 7 red, 5 blue lower)  Which is weird consider the Saransk is: 7 red and 6 blue for both ranges...  I honestly don't know why.

Oh and when I say both ranges, I mean ER and LR.

the Medium flyer has one turret and the LArge flyer has 2. The large flyer can fire these turrets speratley or link them for 9AD at LR and 12AD at ER.

this is more than the medium flyer. Having 2 seperate turrets  gives the large flyer more tactical flexibility than a medium flyer. While a pair of mediums can throw out more attack dice it is far easier to destroy one (KR5) and half the firepower. With the large you have to kill it (KR10/5/5) beofre there is any reduciton in fire. Almost every nations medium and large flyers follow the same pattern.

Dystopian wars is a game of detail and accurate repsresentation of the modesl abilities. Armoured Clash is a game of abstraction and command level play with the stats being wirtten for balance rather than strict physical accuracy. another example is the Prussina land ship having shorter ranged turrets than the medium tanks.

Tunguska turrets it has 3 but only 2 stat lines as they have paired 2 together, too make 2 groups  which is fine. but that were I don't understand. Is that its gun is much weaker that medium. And no most of the other nation this not the case both the blazing suns, COA and USFA large ship have much better fire power than there mediums. now I am not meaning to sound like I am saying this is not fair , just to understand why that's all

for the mediums I was mostly thinking of just the turret values (notably for COA).

I find that it makes sense to think of the Tunguska as have one turret that you can choose to split. It is just that it is easier with this rules system to list 2 weapons that you can combine. Also for the Russian large flyer you have the very nice ability to combine with the Broadsides. so firing port or starboard at 8" you can roll 12AD and 5AD in one simultanious attack. That is much better than the medium flyers can throw out. If the stats on the turrets were any higher then the unti would be getting pretty silly for AC.