Sign in to follow this  
alamo

Show your Planetfall support

AMEN, come on SG just a WORD or even two would help..............I'll pay for the ink. Maybe a word on how the new models look or if Alex's game with Neil had only the older models or with both or SOMETHING.  Too much silence may kill whatever suspense is trying to be built and may do more future harm than good. just sayin! I'm hoping this doesn't reach the point where it won't matter as folks just move on and I hate to see that.

I am very eager for Planetfall... but I have to admit that my patience is not eternal. Dropzone Commander calls out to me, sirenwise, and has a very healthy community at my FLGS. I won't be able to hold out forever. I'm hoping for some Planetfall news some time in 2014, or I might give up...  :(

There is always room for other games. With Dropzone, since you have a strong base of players, you are only hurting yourself in the short and longterm by not investing in the game at this juncture. I've seen this happen too many times with various games, including boardgames. You gots nothing to lose; buy into the game, collect, paint and play, and then eBay the minis if you need the monies for other games such as Planetfall. 

I've done the same as life is short and I don't have too much time for all of the women in life... or something like that.  :P

:)

There is always room for other games. With Dropzone, since you have a strong base of players, you are only hurting yourself in the short and longterm by not investing in the game at this juncture. I've seen this happen too many times with various games, including boardgames. You gots nothing to lose; buy into the game, collect, paint and play, and then eBay the minis if you need the monies for other games such as Planetfall. 

I've done the same as life is short and I don't have too much time for all of the women in life... or something like that.  :P

:)

Whereas I only have one woman in my life, so clearly I have the time to play all the games, right?

Perfect logic!

For me, I kind of have to just wait and be patient. There really aren't any other scifi games that would scratch this ground combat itch. Unless I wanted to command a drop zone or something, which I don't.

I take it we all never really stuck around with Games Workshop's various games like 40K and Battlefleet Gothic... Firestorm has them beat here cuz their so much easier to get into, especially price wise.

I take it we all never really stuck around with Games Workshop's various games like 40K and Battlefleet Gothic... Firestorm has them beat here cuz their so much easier to get into, especially price wise.

And the game scales very nicely, from 400pts to 2,000pts. You can't say that for many game systems, and certainly not for GW games. 

And the game scales very nicely, from 400pts to 2,000pts. You can't say that for many game systems, and certainly not for GW games. 

Ever play BFG? It scales very well, of course its probably the best system GW ever touched and then they made the best decision ever by never touching it again  :rolleyes:. It's not perfect by any means but if you've never tired it you should give it a shot, then come back to FA and rejoice in the bountiful wonderland that it is :D.

An update or a few teaser renders would be awesome.  This waiting does tend to wear at the nerves a bit.

Also to quote one of my favorite characters:

G'kar: I can only wait so long.
Ivanova: I thought your patience is infinite.

G'kar: Since space and time are curved the infinite sooner or later bends back upon itself and ends up where it began. And so have I.

Also I may have bought the rule book and some -ahem-  stuff for that other game...

Ever play BFG? It scales very well, of course its probably the best system GW ever touched and then they made the best decision ever by never touching it again  :rolleyes:. It's not perfect by any means but if you've never tired it you should give it a shot, then come back to FA and rejoice in the bountiful wonderland that it is :D.

BFG is how I got into space-naval games in the first place. It's a splendid little game, and it's a shame that GW never gave it the love and attention it deserved.

While very occupied with DW and AC (and few other personal game projects), I did not jumped in FA. Temptation was here but I already some V1 minis and never found a second to play with them.

Buuuuut...

Planetfall renders slowly invaded my mind, as we were already looking after DzC with a friend. This range was deceptive to our eyes (for the prices and the lack of variety). Planetfall previews came at the right moment but can we now reasonably expect a date for the release?

My plan is to test Planefall first and come to FA after!