Sign in to follow this  
northerndragons

To Clash or not to Clash

hmm... if i had heard that a day ago.. just ordered a whole bunch of polish and fsa heavy metal (or resin). i'll give it a try next time, to see how taxes are to central europe.

Treadhead jargon, got to love it! :D

I lucked out yesterday and snagged a Prussian lot off of flea-bay, so I can field a nice Prussian landship battalion.

I unloaded my FSA, just wasn't as interested in them as I am the Russians, Prussians and even EoBS walkers.  Though I do like the Tennessee Landship, it just looks lean and mean.

I always played FSA but that was because my eldest sibling literally stole prussians out of my hands.... I was always MEH about them... but lately I've been jazzed to play them... the train, all of the robots (neon genesis dystopian wars?), the tennessee... dude the train is just awesome.

Just the one - but it has access to six carriages (three sets of two). However, it's so customisable, you can use it as a gunnery unit, reapply unit, or infantry transport (it's the closest the FSA has to a line infantry regiment, although I suppose the engineering regiment can count as one too)

I always played FSA but that was because my eldest sibling literally stole prussians out of my hands.... I was always MEH about them... but lately I've been jazzed to play them... the train, all of the robots (neon genesis dystopian wars?), the tennessee... dude the train is just awesome.

Now I want to hear Abney Park perform "Zankuko na Tenshi" and paint my Metzger up like Unit 02, Asuka Langley Soryu's Eva.  Damn you MrB!  :lol:

Little update, I went to my FLGS with a bunch of DWars Land and Air along with a few Firestorm ships, intended to paint away a lazy saturday and possibly drum up some interest in playing.  Well my Firestorm stuff went over better than any of the DWars Land or Air.  Facing the cold hard logic that I'm one of three DWars players in this city, I may just part with my DWars Land and focus more on the other two aspects of the game.  :(

Little update, I went to my FLGS with a bunch of DWars Land and Air along with a few Firestorm ships, intended to paint away a lazy saturday and possibly drum up some interest in playing.  Well my Firestorm stuff went over better than any of the DWars Land or Air.  Facing the cold hard logic that I'm one of three DWars players in this city, I may just part with my DWars Land and focus more on the other two aspects of the game.  :(

One trip does not a trend make.  Play FSA but leave a couple AC/DW figs out on display.  Eventually someone will come along and like the models.  Might be a slow slog, but likely to hit if you stick with it long enough.

One trip does not a trend make.  Play FSA but leave a couple AC/DW figs out on display.  Eventually someone will come along and like the models.  Might be a slow slog, but likely to hit if you stick with it long enough.

True, but being on good terms with the owner of FLGS and the fact that he's clearanced out his DW Land starters is a striking indicator that DW AC is just not going to fly. 

True, but being on good terms with the owner of FLGS and the fact that he's clearanced out his DW Land starters is a striking indicator that DW AC is just not going to fly. 

I find at our club Ac is going down a big hit, we have around 10 land army's and I would say there is a DW AC game every week. I my self are finding the ac rules a big improvement speed wise and also it has much reduce book keeping

northerndragons: It just goes to show your FLGS owner is simply a cotton headed ninny muggins.

One of my FLGS is supposedly picking up AC quite quickly, even though it only stocks Warmachine and Warhammer - I'm told everyone finds it to be like Epic (which I have never played, so I have no idea). I also rarely play at that store.

Another FLGS actually stocks DW products, but no one buys it. A dude that I play with there seems to like it well enough - he keeps buying more stuff. I'm trying to lead a Spartan revolution in San Diego!

northerndragons: It just goes to show your FLGS owner is simply a cotton headed ninny muggins.

Actually I think he's doing a good job so far, the store is just over a year old and still going.  He likes DWars and Firestorm, just there seems to be more Firestorm players around here.  And honestly the other game store clearanced out their four odd Firestorm starters and doesn't carry DWars at all.  Of course they have a great big wall of Battle Mattle 37G and Magic the Brokening...but let's not get me started on indoctrination of gamers...

Personally I agree with Naval Clash rules. Must have. I really like the Armored Clash system. It has some issues but overall is a very good game.

Then at last we can play a large scale Invasion!