Sign in to follow this  
northerndragons

To Clash or not to Clash

That's the dilemma I'm facing at the moment.  I've got enough land units prior to Armoured Clash coming out that I almost don't need to buy the box sets.  But at the same time there are units in the box sets that I don't have.  Plus the buildings.  I will freely admit that I'm a treadhead, or walkerhead or wheelhead (got to love those Russian tanks) and that idea of fighting massed armour battles very appealing.

So what are your thoughts?  Why did you buy an Armoured Brigade box or why not.

I haven't bought them yet but I know I will because the CoA box has a lot of shiny new toys I haven't put my hands on yet, plus I really like the AC rules, the FoC is very interesting and the game is quick to pick up and play.

I bought the box. It's a great investment for AC. Vanilla Dystopian seems to be based on medium tanks, with larges as centre pieces. AC uses larges to lead most formations. You'll need the extra larges, and having the extra mediums and smalls to fill formations is very useful too.

I've noticed that not every formation is lead by a Large mini, some are lead by mediums.  Or even flyers, EoBS Armoured Cav for example.  I'm looking at the CoA brigade box and the KoB brigade box, both have minis I don't have and would be a good bargin over buying them singlely.

That's the rub of the situation, I'm a retail slave, who really should kick his tail and go back to school. :unsure:

If school is prohibitive for you having some guts and kicking your own ass into reading books and doing tech tutorials is just as good, for individuals like myself it took school to get the motivation but if you've got the drive you don't need a university.

I hate it in San Diego; I would totally move if I could.

Arizona might work - better on the joints (yay for auto immune disease!)

D: my grandmother had one of those.

MrB, did you see that SG said they've adjusted the buying levels on the RC Poltova light tank and Janus small walker?  You buy 5 and you're actually getting 20 of them.  All for 7.50GBP, not a bad deal at all.  That's like buying a TT blister.

The box is a good starter, so is grabbing the DWars RC Starter box or waiting a little bit longer.  I'm sure RC or CoA or some of the other factions will be getting the boxset love that SG has been doing lately.  They're geared towards Armoured Clash, in that they're various formations ready to go or meant to help build a formation.  So that thought doesn't help matters either, since it's either buy a brigade now or wait and buy battle formations...

Of course what really doesn't help is listing to Sabaton while posting this... 'Price of a Mile' and 'Panzerkampf'  Oh and 'Ghost Division' as well, since I want to call my PE army the 3./PD Afrika Korps.

I really am a treadhead... :wacko:

You should all move to FL and sweat your !!! off and watch the trop storms go by!

Been there done that but in NY. 

Anyways, I got looking at the Prussian Brigage and the Teutonic Order battle set, depending on where you're ordering it from (online at least) you're paying pretty much the same price.  Just trading a Metzger for some tanks/buildings.

So I pulled the trigger, a sale over to Miniature Market helped me along.  I got the Prussian Empire Brigade and some other minis to help build up my forces.  Now just to paint them up and find some players!

I'm going to place another order for airships, and maybe a third for some Firestorm ships.

Crunching the numbers, the Prussian box is a steal if you want a Teutonic Order command.  Plus I love that Myubo gyro tank, a treadheads delight there.

maybe to start a new force, but as it is, the KoB boxes serve me naught.

would love to buy a landship regiment box though, thats about the only thing that would make sense for me (if it would include the royal oak). as KoB player you just need ridiculous amounts of landships, and that is very cool ;)