MrBPaintjobs

Do you glue on your metal gun drop ons?

I tend to glue my turrets on, and usually they're not pointing straight forward - usually I show them traversing to point at something either fore or aft (on ships), or just turning (on vehicles - though that's only been the case with the 1Cs in France).

I magnetised everything in the first series of models. After a while I got so fed up with all of the work that brought, that I now pin and glue all of the turrets which don't have options on them. The turrets/generators which have options are still magnetised.

I made the same than you : I think it's the easier solution !

I always magnetise everything (except for the FSA drop in rocket turret/shield things because they just sit there for the whole game).

Intersting view.  Myself and the group I game with choose to magnetise for the very same reason as it allows you to swop out options and prevents them from becoming wayward.

Funny how we all approach things in our own way.  :)

Intersting view.  Myself and the group I game with choose to magnetise for the very same reason as it allows you to swop out options and prevents them from becoming wayward.

Funny how we all approach things in our own way.  :)

Yeah I magnetise for the same reason and so that I can swing the turrets if I am so inclined.

I also tend to magentise the turrets because being metal, they chip rather easily. The resin drop in pieces don't chip as easily, so I am not as concerned with magnetising them. I magnetise the turrets and then they stay on the ships in transport, the others can just sit together happily without chipping.

Super glue can become brittle which is why using it to secure metal to resin can be an issue.  It loves resin to resin though.

An alternative is a two part epoxy glue such as Araldite or Devcon.  Not sure what's available in Australia, but you probably have your own brand?

Super glue can become brittle which is why using it to secure metal to resin can be an issue.  It loves resin to resin though.

An alternative is a two part epoxy glue such as Araldite or Devcon.  Not sure what's available in Australia, but you probably have your own brand?

good to know about the Superglue.  I've used it for metal to metal for years without any issues but am new to metal to resin.

Araldite is readily available in Australia, you can buy it in just about any grocery store.

Personally, I don't magnetize my turrets, mostly as I'm banned from using power-tools by my housemates following several 'incidents' resulting in some of my models being quite literally 'blooded' before painting, but also because I don't really see a necessity. :P It's a nice touch, but doesn't seem that important to me when I have painting to be doing.

I do make an exception for things such as the Australian Pocket Battleship generator, which I need to move to display different in game effects, and would most likely vanish from my transport case if not somehow attached to it's parent ship. Also if I have options, they too will be magnetized, so I can swap them and so they clump together in the case making them easier to find... ;)

Personally, I don't magnetize my turrets, mostly as I'm banned from using power-tools by my housemates following several 'incidents' resulting in some of my models being quite literally 'blooded' before painting, but also because I don't really see a necessity. :P It's a nice touch, but doesn't seem that important to me when I have painting to be doing.

I know power tools are always necessary (doubly so if you're Australian :P )......but are they really necessary here?

I  find 3 mm magnets work fine for turrets, and drilling a shallow 3 mm hole in  soft metal or resin is easy enough by hand.

I know power tools are always necessary (doubly so if you're Australian :P )......but are they really necessary here?

I  find 3 mm magnets work fine for turrets, and drilling a shallow 3 mm hole in  soft metal or resin is easy enough by hand.

Well, I already had a Dremel laying around, and hand-drilling sounds like a bunch of work, so I put two and two together and came up with a trip to find my first-aid kit... :P

But yes, I have been looking for a nice hand-drill, as I plan to magnetise anything interchangeable in the future (Danish UPG/second turret is the one I'm mainly thinking of).

Mine are glued except for my Emperor class middle turret point which is for the 3rd Turret/Tesla/UPG option. I even glued my Blucher class generators on because I always use the shield & tesla combo. Otherwise I would be continually losing turrets and losing the plot with myself.