MythicKhan

Previews Please

I've never seen any land model except the metzger, so I did not know, thanks for explanation. But anyway it have strange wheels and from my point of view they look fitting for digging)

I've never seen any land model except the metzger, so I did not know, thanks for explanation. But anyway it have strange wheels and from my point of view they look fitting for digging)

Truth be told the wheels actually remind me of the wheels on a steam locomotive. Combined with the aforementioned resin bottom this makes the Russian land units remind me of armoured trains more than anything, which is just awesome.

Still waiting on those land previews here...

looking at the pre-release of the Gunship it says "They are able to operate in focused Squadrons or loan their increased power to a Squadron of Cruisers"

Could it be that you can have a Squadron that comprises 3 Cruisers and a Gunboat?????

if it's anything like F:A, you can just mix the gunships (heavy cruisers in F:A) with normal cruisers in squad, but the size remains the same. So essentially you exchange cruiser for gunship. But I can be wrong, maybe they went with full+gunship attachment.

I think the Russians are ok. I am not as blown away as i was with the Frensh but the models do look good. The fleet is appealing but the land forces are a bit strage given the background that they should be the most advanced land force (except the Covenant of course). They look quite backwards especially when compared to the Prussians.

I think i will get one fleet box for the background booklet, maybe the Land Dread, which do look cool, but thats it with this faction for me...

Just had some nice looks at the pictures here: http://www.brueckenk...ne.com/?p=60031

1. The Land Dreadnought comes with two "command bridge" options. One the smoke stacks, the other, the mortars.
  2. The landship has a choice between the smoke-stacks, an onion dome Icon and a mortar bridge section
  3. As may have before been mentioned, the land dreadnought has a rear facing runway for tiny fliers!
  4. The tiny tanks look like the Tsar Tank
  5. The medium tank and the bombards both have those interesting door ways at the front.... a suggestion of their ultimate role?

That's all I can glean so far :P

By the way, put me down for the Novgorod frigates as having either rockets or some good AA ratings!

EDIT: According to the Wayland Newsletter, the landship can burrow underground? Not sure about that though, it doesn't look very "burrow-y" to me.

Well the actual "Black Wolf" is a mercenary submarine that the Russians can't use... but maybe in a later wave we will see a similar Russian submersible?

Good God, what if it's the dreadnought?! :P

Well the actual "Black Wolf" is a mercenary submarine that the Russians can't use... but maybe in a later wave we will see a similar Russian submersible?

Good God, what if it's the dreadnought?! :P

it was only a merc unit as the black wolf, but spartan stated it would be available later as a general release much like the magenta was... ie the merc rules are more as a play testing method maybe.. im sure the final version will have refined rules.

3 Russian Preview threads and 0 Hurricane preview threads = and its out in just under 2 weeks!

I doubt Hurricane will be in time ;-)

And there is no thread because we dont hvae information on it.

And there is no thread because we dont hvae information on it.

Like all tropical storms, when it gets here you'll know about it. :lol:

And whilst on the subject of things arriving, how is the Spartan Russian preview coming along? :(

And whilst on the subject of things arriving, how is the Spartan Russian preview coming along? :(

Looks like it may be the end of this week.... Spartan rarely does mid-week updates. Then again, it could be said they rarely do updates at all!

Spartan moves in mysterious ways their wonders to perform models to preview! :P

I am really looking forward to seeing how these guys perform on the field. It seems like they have been planned as very much a frontal assault force, and I think that does apply what with all the forward facing turrets, and seemingly no broadsides. But if Ablative Armour forces one to crit them before you can actually affect their DR, but that once the Ablative Armour is gone they are a lot weaker, I think that the Russians may be more of a finesse force than at first suspected. Keeping the really dangerous enemy guns at range and out of good LoS, and forcing the lighter stuff to just ping off without doing damage.

Of course, this is all speculation. Once we see some more rules previews (I hope!) then we can learn more.

Agreed - I was worried about burrowing units - but that design is great! :)

Also a tower has appeared as well. Sadly no big air units as yet (I'm still eager to see the big air power from Russia)

3 double gun turrets and 2 single gun beam turrets on the dreadnought. So possible to link 4 turrets in a frontal attack.

The burrower carries 4 small tanks. Only 3 options on the towers shield, communication and gun. No flak is this gonna be the achilles heel of the russians?

That burrower is a thing of beauty. I wonder if its going to be heavily armed, or if its going to have minimal weaponry and be used solely for delivering a small tank rush from behind the enemies fortifications.

*edit: or if it will have a large AP complement for pop up captures?

I can't see any weapons on it - however that maw looks like it would do wicked damage if it burrowed up under something!

Maybe it would have a duel purpose - a transport for pulling small tanks around the battlefield faster; and the option to burrow up under something and cause damage. Maybe with if it appears under something it loses its mobility (ie all that metal and munitions choke up its blades - making it like a one shot missile).