Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AsleepByDay

AsleepByDay's Terrain

Hello all

WIP update on my barbed wire fence, I've tried to make this in line with how the quick play rulebook describes such a terrain piece.

The base is a strip of plastic card 8" by 1"

The seven crosses are made from some 1mm round by 8.5cm wire designed for crafting fake flowers.

They are spaced 1.25" apart with 0.25" clearance on each side, the holes are 0.1" in from the side.

I bent the wire into a U shape and pressed the ends up through the holes in the base. 8.5cm turned out to be a touch long resulting in some excess below the base so if I make more I will try shorter lengths.

IMAG1001_zps7763860d.jpg

I've painted all of the base a very dark brown.

IMAG1003_zps4d06f191.jpg

Next up I will be adding some texture to the base.

Hello again, here is th fence after some texture has been added to the base, I sprayed the entire thing with senic glue then liberally applied the shavings, dust and cuttings that litter the tray I construct models on.

IMAG1005_zpsc40f41e6.jpg

After that I added some more brown paint

IMAG1006_zps62ff276d.jpg

After that came some flock, This took several layers to create the affect I wanted, here is one of the later layers:

IMAG1010_zpsadb8183a.jpg

And with some added tufts and the wire is the completed item:

IMAG1017_zpsaca4f20f.jpg

IMAG1018_zps4e0506c3.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.