gb030104

Republique of France Colour Scheme Database

I've almost completed my repaint of my French fleet from the two tone standard colour scheme to a traditional victorian black scheme. Below are some examples:

St Malo
20160403_151829.jpg

My twin Tourbilions on an attack run

20160403_151813.jpg

and finally a Couronne, Ecuyver and Cherbourg being repainted:

20160606_204616.jpg

Thanks, I really like how it turned out. This ship is my standard french flagship when I don't bring a Vauban (which is the only model which has a red/blue color scheme in my fleet, but I figured Vaubans would be special ships anyway). The St Malo is one of my favourite DW models.

thanks. I really like how it turned out. I've always liked the weird shapes of the french battleships pre-WW1 and pre-Dreadnought. Since the DW french navy is styled of some of these old ships I thought it fitting to paint them accordingly.

I tend to settle on somewhat realistic paint schemes anyway, my Prussian Navy being a dark grey, the French black and my American fleet is light grey.

I've finished up the Madame Liberte that I picked up half-price a little over a month ago. Given that there was a lot of Christmas/Thanksgiving/Other stuff going on, I'm surprised I finished it so quickly. The statue is magnetized to the hover base and the arm also has a magnet at the shoulder. I went with a combined red/white/blue for the lower section to tie it together with all of my other French forces.

WP_20161231_009_zpsg63gipye.jpg

WP_20161231_010_zpss0byutmm.jpg

WP_20161231_011_zpszc7drvbe.jpg

WP_20161231_013_zpsuclmgyxi.jpg

Now, for what people are really interested in... how big is it, really?

WP_20161231_014_zpshoc1tfes.jpg

Next to a Vauban and a Metzger. Two big models if there ever were.

WP_20161231_016_zpsncntxfic.jpg

The Lady is just a bit taller than a Metzger.

WP_20161231_018_zpskiwqhhiy.jpg

Bird's eye so you can really judge mass. The Vauban is freaking enormous but the base on the Statue is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, McKinstry said:

The verdigris over bronze is brilliantly done. How did you do it and what paints did you use?

Thanks! I started with Vallejo Old Gold over the whole thing. Then just a thin, but thicker than a wash, coat of white mixed with a little bit of green and blue. You're looking for a pale mint green color that's thin enough to let the gold show through but that won't pool up and run like a wash would. Here's a great tutorial for Verdigris paiinting: http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/1662-verdigris

Here's my theme - I wanted to go with Republique red, white and blue but in a more understated way. So Ive gone mainly white ships/skimmers and red flyers with red/white trim + blue windows. Metallics are almost all "dirty" gold with a little silver trim

6VIT3lB.jpg

close up of ships

MgZtpO6.jpg

flier closeup

kphiNvG.jpg

On 09/07/2017 at 5:13 PM, greg said:

Here's my theme - I wanted to go with Republique red, white and blue but in a more understated way. So Ive gone mainly white ships/skimmers and red flyers with red/white trim + blue windows. Metallics are almost all "dirty" fold with a little silver trim

Masterfully done!

I love the color scheme and the painting.