gb030104

Republique of France Colour Scheme Database

Here's my 80% finished Magenta Mk.I VULKAN and the rest of the 950 point squadron (not including the Furieux, Chevalier or third Voltaire) for our upcoming Ensign's League.  Took them from the base coat to this here at the beach.  They'll be finished when I get home with the other paints I meant to bring but left home.  IDIOT!  :wacko:

98A27064-8777-437B-ABEC-D69869519372_zps

C377E627-E0B5-4F3E-9974-A9C767BE944A_zps

Edited by Sanguinary Dan

I've just gotten going on my Armée de Terre. They'll be the red, along with my blue ships and white aircraft. I joked about the red, white and blue early on when painting the ships, never expecting to get this far! Thanks to great sale prices over the July 4th weekend, I'm now the proud owner of a French ground force. They've all been cleaned and primed. I started painting on the FT-12s because they're easiest to re-do if necessary and because they're so darn cute!

WP_20150802_001_zpskf2marcy.jpg

WP_20150802_002_zpspntexfwq.jpg

WP_20150802_003_zpsdxwdaong.jpg

More pics as I complete more models!

This is part of my french fleet. Sorry for the bad quality, this was a quick iPhone picture after my first game with the french!

French%20Fleet%20%20Formation.JPG

So I've got a bit bored with my French paint scheme. I've never seemed to be able to get the creme nice and consistent. So they went into the dettol for a thorough paint stripping.

I started looking naval paint schemes around 1870 for inspiration, and I found this one that I liked:

Avrora1.jpg

Its an Imperial Russian paint scheme from around 1900. Since the imperial russian fleet had a lot of ships built in France or built them to mirror french designs at the time, I thought it was quite a fitting scheme.

So here is my first completed Toulon Armoured Cruiser:

IMG_3451.jpg

I think the black looks quite strikingly on the french ships and it is a lot easier and quicker to paint then the two tone came paint scheme.

Definitely like the lighter white scheme of the flyers, than the greyer ones in that last picture.

I especially like the subtle french flags on the heavy bombers wings.

Edit:"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" 

OK, did not know that was a thing.

Definitely like the lighter white scheme of the flyers, than the greyer ones in that last picture.

I especially like the subtle french flags on the heavy bombers wings.

Edit:"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" 

OK, did not know that was a thing.

I'm not sure why the "airship" models are so much darker - they were done at the same time as the Frelon small bombers. I wonder if I used a different mix for the quickshade, or perhaps more and tighter detail simply gathered more of the quickshade resulting in an overall darker appearance? It certainly wasn't intentional!

give them another coat of "white" maybe if you do not like them?

Not certain (No one has taken France yet here) to know if those are actually naval units or aerial ones; but if they are naval then maybe you could have a whiter "bottom" and a darker top (as is) so keep them as a gradual transition from pure naval, GNE, and Aerial units.