gb030104

Republique of France Colour Scheme Database

I use tape (Tesa painter tape) that I cut in the good shape (I fix it on the cutting map and I use sharp cutter) but i have to correct some smudges.

My base is a white one, and I put on it a Prince August wolf grey (then tape), then GW Ice blue (tape), then Prince Auguste Night Blue (remove all the tape). Corrections and a Badad Black wash.

The yellow/orange work is the 'magic' Casandra Yellow wash of GW directly on the white base.

I'll open a new post in Painting for more pics of my little RoF fleet. Thanks for your comments.

Does anyone know the artist who originally painted the models on the Naval Battle group box and What color he uses? to me the RoF ships look like they are done in a white base coat with a navy blue or royal blue camo stripe. I would love to know actual colors. I would like to paint my ships to mach the box art.

Just had a random bit of inspiration. If anyone is inclined to try it, I'd love to see the result. But burgundy or maroon hulls with white fleurs-de-lis would be cool, I think. And a definite departure from the blue and white razzle-dazzle. :)

Le Magnifique

EDIT: Was not prepared for a thumbnail, haha! I'm not satisfied with the portholes, but painting the hull a light color made them the same, and I wanted them to look deep. Any advice for painting them without sloppiness? (I'm guessing taking the time to touch up the hull is probably the answer) Also: what have you all painted your MK 1 flying bits? I've only got the one model so far (the Mk 2 pictured) along with a fleet in the mail, but I was trying to decide what to paint the turbines or repulsors or whatever they are that keep these majestic ships in the air.

post-3746-0-33297700-1376034218_thumb.jp

Here is my French fleet scheme Purple and Red camouflage. 

IMG_00000038.jpg

The colours I choose and various collisions when learning the the game earned them the nickname "Party boats". I don't mind the name, it really adds character :) to my first fleet.