Sign in to follow this  
slayer4174

Cumbersome movement for Walkers?

So,

There is no "Cumbersome" MAR listd for my EotBS Large Walkers.

However, the rule reads:

"All Units that belong to the

1. Large or Massive Size Category, and

2. Units with the ‘Cumbersome’ MAR,

must move directly forward when
making move actions."

To me this means that the model must be both (1) large/massive AND (2) have the "Cumbersome" MAR to have to adhere to the MAR rules for movement. Correct?

Thoughts?

So,

However, the rule reads:

making move actions."

To me this means that the model must be both (1) large/massive AND (2) have the "Cumbersome" MAR to have to adhere to the MAR rules for movement. Correct?

Thoughts?

No, what it is saying is Both models in the Large/Massive category AND also models with the Cumbersome MAR have to follow these rules.

What it is, is an extra limitations on how much turning you may do.

So,

However, the rule reads:

making move actions."

Thoughts?

This logic would imply:

1 - All of the Medium and Small flyers that HAVE the Cumbersome MAR, would NOT have to adhere to those rules.. since they aren't Large or Massive.

2 - All of the Large or Massive models in the game would NOT have to adhere to those rules.. since NONE of them have the Cumbersome MAR listed.

Therefore, nothing in the game would have to adhere to the Cumbersome MAR.. which makes no sense.

We thought we saw something about Walkers doing this differently, but couldn't find it.

And we couldn't find anything that excluded the large or massive flyers either.

would be interessted if someone found the thing about walkers, as i couldn't.

there ist a tiny reference in the describtion of unit types (page 10) which states they are better suited to cross difficult terrain. but there is no further rules in the movement section.

the point came up, when i used the canadian steele robots, which are classified as large (in DW medium with hulking mar). it makes them quite, ahm, cumbersome.

would be interessted if someone found the thing about walkers, as i couldn't.

there ist a tiny reference in the describtion of unit types (page 10) which states they are better suited to cross difficult terrain. but there is no further rules in the movement section.

the point came up, when i used the canadian steele robots, which are classified as large (in DW medium with hulking mar). it makes them quite, ahm, cumbersome.

It makes note of walker movement on the terrain charts.