Caine-HoA

Official Zenian League Thread: Kedorians

Kedorians Most Wanted  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seems to me it is rather difficult currently to build a grand fleet for these guys
1. The Alliance box set has a carrier, 4 cruisers/destroyers, 4 frigates
2. The Support box set has a battleship and 2 cruisers/destroyers
3. Maximum squadron size for cruisers/destroyers is 2
4. Grand fleet requires 3-5 tier-3 and 2-4 tier-2

So one Alliance box set and one Support box set gets you
2 tier-3 and 3 tier-2, not enough for grand

Two Alliance sets gets you
4 tier-3 and 4 tier-2, enough for a grand fleet, but if you want a battleship by adding a Support box leave you will one tier-2 too many

Proposed solutions:
1. Have the frigates available as a blister, even if this is trending away from less blisters
2. Include frigates with the support box. In fact all firestorm box sets should include one from each tier.
3. Allow cruisers to be squadrons of 4

first time posting on this forum so hi  :)

is there any indication as to when kedorians will be getting fleet boxes that better suit making legal fleets under 2.0, resin frigates and/or srs tokens?

been waiting as patiently as i can.. i would really like to have both a kedorian fleet, and a ba'kash fleet (once their large gets a model and i can hopefully replace my metal armed cruisers) of at least 1000pts each.

i am a bit tired of playing my relthoza. i'm not a fan of them but getting their patrol fleet, carrier group and cruiser group meant that i could play 2.0 with my friends at the points lvl of their fleets, using a race they don't have, with srs tokens etc.. in the hopes that i wouldn't have to wait too long for the kedorians or ba'kash to get updated models...

..my apologies if i am asking something that has already been answered elsewhere..

is there any indication as to when kedorians will be getting fleet boxes that better suit making legal fleets under 2.0, resin frigates and/or srs tokens?

I seriously doubt they'd get resin frigates. The models are VERY new, and from what it seems, they need the models to be certain size to cast them in resin (all the new frigates are larger than the metal models), so again, I doubt they'll redo them anytime soon. Apparently some stores do have the boxes with SRS already, Wayland at least advertises it.

I seriously doubt they'd get resin frigates. The models are VERY new, and from what it seems, they need the models to be certain size to cast them in resin (all the new frigates are larger than the metal models), so again, I doubt they'll redo them anytime soon. Apparently some stores do have the boxes with SRS already, Wayland at least advertises it.

yeah i saw the fleet with SRS tokens on wayland (due to someone on this forum mentioning it) i have some serious doubts that they are actually proper spartan games ones, as the boxes in the spartan online store don't list SRS in the contents (which should be the first place to have them).

the metal frigates i can live with, wanting to field a 1000+ pts kedorian fleet using a battleship and having to buy a second fleet box purely to get enough frigates for my list (2 units of 2 = no thanks) is what's annoying.

Spartan said they would have the individual ships on the webstore at some point like they did with Works Raptor and Hawker.... but when is the question. For now I would proxie the extra Frigates... I'm in the same boat as you with my Kedorians... I have 1 of each box set and do not need another 4 Cruiser/Destroyers or another carrier.

maybe i should cut the centres out of a bunch of my old gw paint pot lids and stick them on flight stands, wouldn't be too far off :lol:

EDIT: so upon seeing that next month is dystopian wars 2.0, and not the firestorm minor factions as i'd hoped, i figured that we will see new models for the ye'olde core races of dystopian before they eventually circle back to minor factions... i am now the proud (and slightly poorer) owner of a kedorian fleet (2x alliance fleet box & 1x support fleet box).. downside is for the 1200 and below games we play i have 1 too many carriers and like 4 too many cruiser/destroyers, and to use said ships to play 1200+ games i would need more frigates  :rolleyes:  *sigh*

I'm personally planning to use Oroshan Slayer frigates as stand ins, they might be a bit different design wise, but they are both archaic and small...

My Alliance box contained the SRS tokens, despite them not being listed. Did yours?

i got both mine from my local gaming store as i live in australia and like avoiding postage where possible, one was older stock from months ago and the other was newer stock from the last few weeks, neither had SRS.

i thought about using those frigates as proxies but that will get confusing when my friend that really wants them is playing that race (once marauders get 2.0 rules)

i will just be using my relthoza SRS tokens until they make kedorian ones available (i was the only relthoza player in our group so no chances of confussion) plus side with kedorians is that it is only my two carriers that can take them so don't need many.

now to wait for the fleet guide to come out so i can see if there are any kedorian specific paint schemes to help inspire me.

OK, then I'd guess that your LGS distributor had some older stock.

I'm also thinking about paint schemes, I'm thinking about a very light and airy scheme, white or light bone with black or dark brown shading, and weathered metal for infrastructure..

So I just bought these guys as my first fleet for FA. I think the models are stunning. Sounds like they are not a gimmick fleet? Here is hoping. I got both box sets. Do you recommend a split of cruisers and destroyers...or just sticking with one?

i would recommend that you look at the fleet construction rules for them, and then decide based on game size you will be playing most as to how many cruisers/destroyers you make :) unless they changed it in the new fleet guides, going by the current pdf until you are playing 1201+ points games you are only allowed one squadron of destroyers.

How do you transport your models? I mean I love the look of them...but did they need super fragile antenna hanging down from the bottom!?! There is just no way to place that thing in foam without bending something.

i have a pluck foam tray that i got from my local gaming store (not sure who makes it) it is deep enough that my larges sit on the top of the foam, and with the flight stand base being wider than the metal bits underneath they are protected :) (should probably mention that i glue my ships onto their flight stands)

i have a pluck foam tray that i got from my local gaming store (not sure who makes it) it is deep enough that my larges sit on the top of the foam, and with the flight stand base being wider than the metal bits underneath they are protected :) (should probably mention that i glue my ships onto their flight stands)

I also glue my ships on their flight stands. But using the foam trays is a great idea. I think I will try it it.

I own the battleship and although it certainly is one of the more complex models of Firestorm Armada, assembling it was not a big problem. I would like a more stable flight stand for it, though. One of the two flight pegs broke because of the ships weight during priming.