Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Necris

Necris' Prussian Painting Log

Hi 

I picked up a Prussian Starter set today and started to paint up the Grenadiers and opted to start with the unit Sergeant, I'm not sure about the armour plating and the helm and think I need to change the colours somewhat, but any suggestions or comments welcome. 

DSCF5072_zps99d01894.jpg

I've started working on one of the Teutonic Knights as well I wanted to jump into the deep end and paint one of these beasts up. 

been doing some more work on my Prussians and now have a four men for the infantry section and one Teutonic Knight, regarding the infantry in this picture I've painted their armour bronze coloured and given the sergeant bronze finishings to his helm to mark him out, I'm pondering what to do to the regular men as in do I paint the helms the same or leave them as plain silver with only the spike and crest in bronze?

Suggestions welcome.

DSCF5080_zps74430841.jpg

and a close up of the Knight I'm opting to paint them in traditional knight order colours of the Teutonic Order being white with a black cross, I like how this one looks beside the regular infantry and have chosen to give him a green lioncloth to mark him as being seconded to my infantry force

DSCF5081_zps1d04ab86.jpg

I think it's more to do with my lighting, we don't get much natural light, and am forced to use a naff yellow energy saving bulb, need to find a daylight bulb for the lamp but its a strange light fitting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.